Brand new here

Gr8lawn

Hey all. 

My name is Jon jon I have  lived in Rochester my whole life and have no plans of ever leaving. I have been hunting since the crisp young age of 12 (31 now) and it all started in the southern tier where my family has 45 acers in Belfast. My father recently just purchased a beautiful 6 acer plot of land in Ontario where I have been doing all my hunting this year. I own my own lawn/plow business so I get plenty of time in my stand. Crests a field in front of me and all swamp beds behind. I have been watching the site the past couple days now to see what kinda activity has been going around. After about 2 days I decided to join the site seeing as how many of you are having the luck I am lately. NONE.  Attached is a cam pic of the guy I'm after. Seen him Oct 1 150yards blazing thru my field and have yet to see him again. Good luck this year everyone!

20170928_200423.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Welcome GR8lawn! You picked a good time to join! Now tell us what we're doing wrong! B)

Great buck BTW! Good luck with him!

Thanks everyone. I don't think any of us are doing anything wrong cabin, I just think the deer are doing everything right!

• Like 2

I also just joined the site at the beginning of the week. I have been getting on the site for a couple years just never joined until now. From what I have read it seems like all the members are a great bunch of guys. Good luck and I hope you get your buck
And girls.... Careful. She's sensitive...lol. But WELCOME !!! That buck is a dandy. Looks like you have some pic history with him. You are lucky, if you have the time be in the stand as much as possible and don't forget the afternoon hunts !! This is the time when that dude will mess up and give you the opportunity. The magical first hot doe on your property will change everything for your activity. Good luck !!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

And girls.... Careful. She's sensitive...lol. But WELCOME !!! That buck is a dandy. Looks like you have some pic history with him. You are lucky, if you have the time be in the stand as much as possible and don't forget the afternoon hunts !! This is the time when that dude will mess up and give you the opportunity. The magical first hot doe on your property will change everything for your activity. Good luck !!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot. I need to check my cameras I haven't since the 25th of October, but I have been getting pictures of him starting back in August. Work holds me back from getting time to hunt during the week but I hit it hard on the weekend. I'm pretty sure I laid eyes on that big guy two sundays ago. I was hunting above where I get the pictures of him in hopes of catching him or any good buck coming up the hill to bed. I was between feeding and bedding. I had some doe go through at first light and about 15 minutes later I spotted a very nice buck coming down off the top of the hill. I think it was him, very big rack but he was going through some down tree tops and he wasn't that close to me so hard to tell. I would love to get that deer

• Like 1