The wide 8

TreeGuy

So this was an interesting year so far. Started out with seeing too many deer to count to barely any sightings. I had changed stands around a few times throughout this process. We were consistently getting night time pics of a few big guys,but no real good sightings during daytime. Sunday night proved to be a tell tale for me. Saw alot of chasing and activity right around dusk so I knew it would get good in the a.m. When I pulled in the farm that morning there was deer in every field.... Sometimes a good sign, sometimes not. Made my trek across the beans and down the ridge to the creek bottom without getting busted. At first light I had a 1.5 8pt bumping does all around behind me. They finally made their way off when I caught glimpse of a rack coming through the swamp. I immediately grabbed the bow as he quickly approached. As I brought the butt stock up it barely tapped a clip on my safety harness, he stopped and looked around but his head was behind a tree, I knew I had to thread the needle through some branches and not give him the time to walk into my shooting lane. So I got down on the scope and started looking at trajectory.... Found a perfect hole in the branches and as soon as I did, in came a leg, so I moved back a touch, focused on the heart and sent a rage extreme right through him. He tried to "run" off but his body would only allow him short bounds. He went about 50yrds and died in sight. Awesome !! I could see his rack from my stand so I decided to just hang out for a minute and finish my coffee and make some calls ! He's a cool deer, and my second mature of the new farm. "Wide Glide"

34e204b5c9260ea9e657ea2ec1c9a187.jpg4c72763841a6194edb5445fa302dff52.jpg6638d14f2021fd897d7b6ff29622cf61.jpg4cab6a0d9e2bb6b214e20032bab3c5ae.jpg1cf98a90596cd61c7eb182fffcf658c5.jpg01b67467925dd4260109c5ddcd957da7.jpgce2e32a3188c56975624a9c59eea3ca4.jpg0e4e93aec6bcb568e9d598ce9a3d74b3.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 17

You may have mentioned....but what type of xbow setup?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I didnt. Barnett Ghost 410, scope that it came with, rage bolts & extreme heads. Nasty little thing. I just found out it loves to eat whitetails...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Not as much as I do !

Absolutely need to print out that picture and put it on the mantle   !!   Target, Walmart  and etc    it's easy peasy to print with your phone. Just take your phone cord I believe

I've seen some great photos on this site but it's always these that are my favorite

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1