Run and Gun or Old Faithful

Billdogge

its not really "old" faithful but maybe new faithful.  Have gotten a shot from my opener stand 2 of last 3 years.  The one year had a new hunter sit there hoping he would get some action but he saw nothing!  lol.  Its one I kinda stumbled onto.  I put everyone else in good spots and said I will just sit in this little spot out of the way and it ended up being a great opener spot.  No one else or myself have seen a deer there other than opening day of gun. 

• Like 1

I've been an Old Faithful guy for years, but last year the adjoining property owner decided to lease his land to a group of hunters who put up a portable stand within 50 yards of a stand I've had up for about 9 years.  It was a not so nice  surprise on opening day last year when I heard a cough just around daybreak and looked behind me and saw an orange cap.  Guess he was in his stand before I got to mine.  Still work so I don't get to camp until the night before the opener and the stand wasn't there two weeks earlier when I was up with the bow. Oh well, live and learn. 

• Like 1