Just back from west Texas

borntohunt10820

On 11/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, greybeard said:

I forgot to ask.. How are you going to have it mounted ??

I shot a larger sheep later that day but the recovery was horrendous , I had to climb down a 40 ft cliff ,over rocks the size of cars. When I finally got to him , he had rolled and stopped 5 ft from 1000 ft sheer rock cliff. I took only the head and started the climb back up. All the time being careful not to put my hands near rattle snakes. I will use the cape from the first sheep with the 2 nd set of horns. Going to have a half sized mount walking down hill on a rock ledge that I will build off my stone chimney in the great room of my log home.

• Like 3

This is the second time I was at this ranch. The ranch is owned by a friend of my bother in law. We had use of the ranch house for 5 days and 30,000 acres to hunt.All it cost me was the drive out ,food adnd  spending money, all less than $1000. A hunt of this caliber would be 4-$6kk. I ll be going back for 3 weeks next year and trade some labor for the opportunity to hunt.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, borntohunt10820 said:

This is the second time I was at this ranch. The ranch is owned by a friend of my bother in law. We had use of the ranch house for 5 days and 30,000 acres to hunt.All it cost me was the drive out ,food adnd  spending money, all less than $1000. A hunt of this caliber would be 4-$6kk. I ll be going back for 3 weeks next year and trade some labor for the opportunity to hunt.

nice setup for you!  We all wish we had something like that.  Good for you!