Broken Antlers

bigpaul

16 minutes ago, wooly said:

I'd get 'em fixed.

While I was at it, maybe I'd add a 6" drop tine on each side.., and maybe reconstruct some split brows... forked G-3's are always cool..., and probably go with a dozen or so kickers and stickers off the bases to add some mass and make actual scoring a bit more challenging for anyone that doubts the number I've stuck on him!.

I'd definitely be keeping an eye out on ebay too for any albino capes that came up for auction as well.

I can hear the neighbors bitchin' already....."where the hell does he kill all these awesome bucks, and how come I never even get a trail cam pic of any of them... he must be baiting them",lol

If I'm holding out for that BIG one. May as well be a REALLY BIG one!!!!.....hehehehe.  My "baby"  buck could end up being B&C!!!

• Haha 1

Busted up just means you shot the buck that never backed down - the toughest buck in the woods.  Nothing wrong with that.  Or, it could mean the weakest buck in the woods that every other buck picked on.  I will stick with the former.

Agree. I like the uniqueness even if it means less inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Fixed this for a buddy of mine tonight...
IMG952776.thumb.jpg.1fa77fae4c00c1e1d28768424947987d.jpg
20171221_150354.thumb.jpg.f9384b1afdf4dc749dbf96c30ee91104.jpg
20180209_173700.thumb.jpg.ce86cec45c6cc7041a65901a91f63dca.jpg
20180209_191923.thumb.jpg.68cda8e774e957f9459294ac8083d731.jpg
20180209_195236.thumb.jpg.b29c7311d9eccaf1014594bf008b9ccf.jpg
I had one that was broke and considered the fix but decided against it, but that buck I would have 100% put that drop tine back on !!! Nice work too,it's Def and art with the paintbrush making them look perfect

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I had one that was broke and considered the fix but decided against it, but that buck I would have 100% put that drop tine back on !!! Nice work too,it's Def and art with the paintbrush making them look perfect

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm glad it turned out ok. Here's another angle...

20180209_195407.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

If I know the buck well - and have camera pics of him whole - I'd fix him - I've done three in the past -  one for me and two for my buddies.  One 9 point had a broken Brow and broken G2 and G3 on one side - was such a shame.  We had dozens of pics up until two days before he got him.  I fixed the G2 and G3s and left the broken brow because he had broken that earlier on and it was all rubbed up with character. 

YEpEfxh.jpg

KkM18Zk.jpg

We remember him not for how he looked at harvest - but what he grew to become.  So many great pictures in velvet until harvest - it was a no brainer to fix him,

y28EO71.jpg

Edited by farmhunter
  • Like 1