Out of state Doe Tags

zoschag08

So I recently gained access to a piece of private land in the Mendon area. I was wondering what the process to getting out of state doe tags is? The landowners asked that I take a few does off before shooting a buck. I'm from Pennsylvania and we do first come first serve 1 tag per round for doe tags. Looking for advice so I can be prepared for next fall. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Things may have changed in the last 10 years but we used to have a couple of guy from out of state in a hunting camp my Dad belonged too. They NEVER got doe tags......Didn't matter how many times they tried or applied or points they had. They used to alternate the out of state guys for the landowner tag so they could get one every couple years. Like I said, maybe that has changed....

I imagine you can still get doe tags for up there right no if you want. Figure out what wmu and go to Wal-Mart and buy them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Looking at the map it would be either 8F or 8H depending on where exactly the property is. That'd be awesome if they were still available, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

1 hour ago, zoschag08 said:

So I recently gained access to a piece of private land in the Mendon area. I was wondering what the process to getting out of state doe tags is? The landowners asked that I take a few does off before shooting a buck. I'm from Pennsylvania and we do first come first serve 1 tag per round for doe tags. Looking for advice so I can be prepared for next fall. Thanks in advance.

I think you should bring me with you and we can take care of gettign you doe permits for there. lol. Mendon= unbelievable hunting. 

• Like 2

Youll get doe tags. You probably need WMU 8H or 8F depending where in Mendon you are hunting. If you cant get any, shoot me a message, Ill get a couple and sign them over to you. I use alot of farm tags and didnt even bother to get my extras this year.
That'd be awesome. I'll see what I can find and go from there. That was what I was seeing for the WMU also, just haven't been to the property yet to know exactly where it is. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zoschag08 said:

Looking at the map it would be either 8F or 8H depending on where exactly the property is. That'd be awesome if they were still available, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

If it is 8h, they will probably be available up to the last day of the season. They never seem to give them all out

If it is 8h, they will probably be available up to the last day of the season. They never seem to give them all out
That's good to know. The owner said he wanted to reduce the herd. I'd feel bad if I couldn't help him out a little.