Late born fawn

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

This isn't too uncommon with 1.5yr old deer, I've seen it many times, I got video of a 1.5yr old buck just last year at 5 yds with the dots along the spine, I'm not sure that it's an indicator of being born late.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

i have seen it on several 1.5s too

• Like 1

This doe wasn't 1 1/2 yrs old.  Doubt she weighed 50lbs.  Shot and or seen hundreds of 1 1/2 yr olds. Not once have I seen spots like you mentioned on any of them. 
I doubt I have seen hundreds of 1.5yr old but I can recall at least 5 times I've personally seen it. I've shot a doe and a buck before, both 1.5, both had spots. You wouldn't even notice them unless they're right under you or you kill them, they're faint. If I think of it later I'll try to dig up a pic or 2 for you.

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

I doubt I have seen hundreds of 1.5yr old but I can recall at least 5 times I've personally seen it. I've shot a doe and a buck before, both 1.5, both had spots. You wouldn't even notice them unless they're right under you or you kill them, they're faint. If I think of it later I'll try to dig up a pic or 2 for you.

I've worked for a butcher on and off yrs ago, and our group of guys have harvested a lot of deer over the yrs, so I've seen literally hundreds of deer.   Hope you find the pics. Love to see em.  

I've worked for a butcher on and off yrs ago, and our group of guys have harvested a lot of deer over the yrs, so I've seen literally hundreds of deer.   Hope you find the pics. Love to see em.  
I dug up one video and took a still, I took this last year and posted it below, I thought I quoted your post but it didn't work I guess... I can probably get better pics from the video too if you want

8 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Here's a still of a video I took last season of a 1.5yr old buck from the stand, you can clearly see spots down it's whole back. bbe76370e9e33d28c6580de9d314a453.jpg

That's neat. I'd be tempted to get that hide tanned fur on. Definitely a first for me.   Thanks for sharing.  

Edited by mowin

Hillside veal....... Leave it in one piece and put it on a spit to cook it over an open fire.

Seriously, That little critter will most likely wind up coyote food before the winter is over. The question is could you take the abuse from fellow hunters even though it really is logical to take it rather than letting it go through the long, slow agony of starvation.

On 12/8/2017 at 4:05 PM, Doc said:

Hillside veal....... Leave it in one piece and put it on a spit to cook it over an open fire.

Seriously, That little critter will most likely wind up coyote food before the winter is over. The question is could you take the abuse from fellow hunters even though it really is logical to take it rather than letting it go through the long, slow agony of starvation.

If I were to shoot it, I wouldnt really care what anyone said about it. I havent gotten a single pic of it since the one I posted, and I havent seen it while hunting. My guess is its dead.