Doe skulls in 9h area..?

wooly

Hey guys,

I just thought I'd throw this out there for any of you in the 9h area that usually fill a few doe tags at your camps.

I'm looking to get my hands on a few (or many) doe skulls this season for my skull carving hobby.

If you're local to the area, and don't have any use for you doe heads, I'd be thrilled if you might throw them aside for me if it's not too inconvenient for pick up at a later date.

I'll be hitting up the local processor in town as well, but I get the funny feeling from past experience he'll want to charge me for them by the piece, so I'm not really interested in a major investment since my profits from these are slim. 

Like I said, I'm just throwing it out there for anyone who may be able to help out. Skulls need not be skinned or cleaned... just raw heads will do, and stinky is fine.

Message me any time if you got something to part with. Would also be willing to carve something in exchange for multiple skull donations! :bye:

Thanks in advance! Good luck to all this season and hunt safe!

• Like 2

Maybe make a deal with a good processor. He displays a couple of your items and sale info and supplies you in heads. You raise price a couple bucks for his cut. That way also if someone wanted a doe or buck they shot done it would be right there.

My butcher would prob give me hundreds but ima long way from you bud lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Maybe make a deal with a good processor. He displays a couple of your items and sale info and supplies you in heads. You raise price a couple bucks for his cut. That way also if someone wanted a doe or buck they shot done it would be right there.

My butcher would prob give me hundreds but ima long way from you bud lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. He's offered me tons of hides before and also deer feet for my lamps. But for now I only make lamps and stuff with the deer I shoot. But I'm down in 3s which is likely a bit further than you would want to travel

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

Question wooly, if one were to get a decent buck, would you be willing to do the skull? Cleaning and carving? For a fee of course. I had the one from last year camo dipped. But a carving from your paws would be really extra cool!

Sure would.

I won't be hunting as much this year as I have in the past, so I'll have some free time this winter to work on this stuff as well.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, wooly said:

Sure would.

I won't be hunting as much this year as I have in the past, so I'll have some free time this winter to work on this stuff as well.

Awesome! Now all I gotta do is shoot a decent buck! No easy task around here! But now I have added incentive! A buck skull carved by you, would really make a great "trophy" mount!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...