What you totin on sat and why....

Robhuntandfish

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

savage 220 - only slug gun I own.

are you in a shotgun only area?   I had a 220 - 20 g and traded it in cause i got ticked about not being able to find ammo for it.  I like the federals - after i couldnt find any remington accutips - tried those and liked them better.  Then couldnt find those either.  Got ticked and traded it towards a browning BLR 30-06

Last 6 years or so I have been using my dads 50+ year old marlin 336 in 35 caliber with a tasco 3x9 variable scope. He doesnt hunt much anymore, so i told him its mine now...lol..                            Love that gun. Its lightweight, compact and wallops a nice punch. Something about those old lever actions that adds to the excitement of the hunt.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

are you in a shotgun only area?   I had a 220 - 20 g and traded it in cause i got ticked about not being able to find ammo for it.  I like the federals - after i couldnt find any remington accutips - tried those and liked them better.  Then couldnt find those either.  Got ticked and traded it towards a browning BLR 30-06

Yep. most of the properties I hunt are shotgun.  2 are rifle, but I will be sitting in Monroe Co.  I have plenty of boxes of accutips and Winchester supreme.  Using accutips now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Yep. most of the properties I hunt are shotgun.  2 are rifle, but I will be sitting in Monroe Co.  I have plenty of boxes of accutips and Winchester supreme.  Using accutips now.

if have to use shotgun thats a good one to use.  Got a doe last year with mine at 130 yards.  Liked the gun just not the avail of ammo. If I had to only hunt shotgun I wouldve kept it for sure.  

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

if have to use shotgun thats a good one to use.  Got a doe last year with mine at 130 yards.  Liked the gun just not the avail of ammo. If I had to only hunt shotgun I wouldve kept it for sure.  

The Winchesters shoot well from it too.  Never had a problem finding ammo, used to order through Gander, but I guy 10 boxes at a time and don't plink with it.  lol

41 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Yup Shotgun only for Deer.I have many firearms and find the 16 a/my go to.I still using my stash of ammo from years past Slugger 16guage 23/4"4/5oz.

• Like 1

Not sure yet. If I a sitting on a field in a tent blind, probably my Remington 710, 30-06; it's the most accurate gun I own (don't laugh, this clunker drives tacks).

If I sit in the woods, Savage Model 99, .358 caliber, I have it set up with see-through mounts, which I may need in the rain.

Probably going to haul both up to camp, unless the weather report changes.

Edited by Uncle Nicky

4 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

With the rain predicted, probably my old mans 1st gen Mossberg 500 12ga with single bead. In his honor. Its taken a couple of deer in its day. Wanted to use my Omega 50cal but i dont want a misfire in a soaking rain. 

I'm not so concerned about that. I was until somebody last year said they go through downpours with their MZ and no worries. I put electrical tape snug and liberally around the end of the barrel, which water-proofs it. The threads are effectively waterproofed from anti-seize, so then the only ingress point for moisture is the gap between the primer and where it seats (there isn't actually a gap but I imagine water could sneak in if submerged), which I'm sure you could put a bit of grease around if really worried.

• Like 2

My 15 yo son says he wants to take the TC Triumph. Had him sighting in his youth Mossberg 20 last weekend and he’s not thrilled with shotguns lol. He knows the TC drives tacks out to 150. I think I’ve lost that gun lol!!
I will be going with the Marlin 30-30 if I hit the island. The Ithaca Deerslayer II if I stay around home in shotgun world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossberg 500 12ga my great uncle purchased for me or mossberg 835 12ga that was my uncles.grandfathers gun that id really like to use is a mossberg 20ga he won at a raffle.not sure of the model.he had a problem sighting it in last season as it was all over the place although he got 2 doe with it the year before.i tried this year and same thing.itll have to wait till next year for me to figure out whats goin on.

reason why-all 3 hunting partners have passed away,two this year and would love to get one for them regardless of what shotgun im carrying!

• Like 1