UGH! Neighbors bitched about ground blind

Al Bundy

Well I believe I suggested a solution to such problems a few times...my orange material gets put up after dinner to night on all blinds and a couple of ladders..scissors...and a box of tacks..Oh in blinds as well...that way they can' tell if I'm actually in it or not..You could tell them you have a bag of America rock salt he could feel free to pound:wink:

I had a similar situation arise this summer when I put up a tower blind on our property...The neighbor is pissed because he can no longer shoot in that direction...Wait a minute...he has always known that we hunt the land and prior to my erecting the tower he thought it was OKAY to shoot across our boundary, with the knowledge that there were hunters there and he had no idea where they were  ?  What's wrong with THIS picture  ?   There's no way I would consider shooting across his boundary, or anybody other property lines..The reason I placed the tower where I did was so that all shots would be directed onto our own property, where we know everyone's location..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, growalot said:

Well I believe I suggested a solution to such problems a few times...my orange material gets put up after dinner to night on all blinds and a couple of ladders..scissors...and a box of tacks..Oh in blinds as well...that way they can' tell if I'm actually in it or not..You could tell them you have a bag of America rock salt he could feel free to pound:wink:

HaHaHa....my FIL used to say, "they can all pound salt in their azz" quite often. I never did ask him if he meant it literally or figuratively.  I guess it doesn't really matter, does it?  Just a colorful saying.  :meeting:

• Like 4

On 11/17/2017 at 11:57 AM, Al Bundy said:

Hunters/Land owner next to my ground blind said they don't want me in the blind during gun season. Why? They cant see me in the blind. It sounds good until you think about it. I really hope nobody shoots a hole(s) in my blind...

As others have already said, hang orange outside of your blind.  It's YOUR property, hunt it as you see fit within the scope of the law.  Your neighbors sound like they do not understand the safety rule of "Know your target and what is beyond."  If so, maybe they shouldn't be gun hunting in the first place.

A relatives land and neighbor/friend approached him.  Actually found out the neighbor said he didn't think I should be shooting toward the road from the ground blind, which I wasn't (and he couldn't see me..). He just ASSUMED since I was sitting there I would be dumb enough to illegally shoot at the road. He also posted the CRAP out of everything (night before opener), including my tree stand which was not off property. He shorted the property by about 40 yards with his posted signs. We had the guy on trail cam walking through the property opening morning.  I wonder why he put up posted signs if he was going to ignore the ones I put up.  He also parked where I usually park, though its not close to where he was on stand and he had to walk the length of where I hunt, laying down scent everywhere.  He was trying to deliver a message to me. This is pure jealousy as far as I am concerned.  Now my relative is caught up with his friend. His friend is making this very ugly. No need to post anything. No need to impose his views on how I should hunt. I don't have much hunting land, this is about my only spot. Or should I say WAS my only real spot. How do you fix this..