What Could or Possibly Also May Be in your Hunting Area

nobody

On 11/21/2017 at 12:49 AM, TwoSeventy said:

We,ll you guy,s certainly can be funny. I,m just saying that I,m a believer especially having watched these researchers workshop on this subject.  What I am saying is, enjoy your Hunt when your in the woods looking to get a deer to come along to put some deer meat in the crock pot. But at the same time you should be schooled enough on these things so you will not crap your pants if you happen to see one in your life time while hunting. It,s a guarantee if you live in the State of Texas you,ll see one.

One main tip off they mentioned is, being overcome with a (seriously strong ) feeling of being watched when your alone in the wood,s.  Or if the wood,s suddenly go quiet. You know, no bird,s ect... That,s really a bad indication you may or may not have danger near by . Just be quiet and be on your guard until the normal sound,s come back or you can very slowly move away from this area where you can see well ahead of you before you head out.

I was trout fishing one time on one nice flowing creek 1/4 mile or so back in the wood,s. I had caught two nice brookies  and was walking and stopping and fishing ect..The wood,s seem normal with sound,s and the creek flow was ok when this happened to me. I suddenly felt fear coming over me and the hair,s on the back of my neck started standing up. I suddenly just did not feel that everything was ok in the location I presently was in the wood,s.  I quickly reeled my line in, pulled the front part of my fishing rod back toward me and grabbed the shorted fishing rod I now had.in one hand. Un-holstered my S@W 357 Magnum in my other hand and slowly walked back  in the direction leading back to where my car was parked. The feeling slowly started to slowly go away as I got further down the creek.  When I reached a good (wide) shallow part of the creek, I laid my pole down on the creek bank. Then I walked out to the center of the wide creek area in my hip boots and with the 357 Magnum handgun at the ready, and waited there awhile till my nerves felt pretty we,ll quieted down. What was making thing,s hard for me was not being able to see good into the high grass areas on each side of the creek. But these feeling,s had left me and I felt then that whatever happened for me to get that way was gone. To this very day, It,s like PTSD now and then in my memory. Let me tell you when that did happened, I was really God dammed scarred. I don,t have the answer,s today for what caused this to happen but it did.

Happy Hunting Guy,s,  TwoSeventy

You scare me much more than Bigfoot.  Guess I can't trout fish now without blaze orange.  

• Like 1

On 11/20/2017 at 5:30 PM, Bill Schmidt said:

I have seen plenty of documentaries on Bigfoot. I remember one where 2 kids were on a trampoline . They were maybe 10-11. They saw Bigfoot and he took off quick!  I saw another video that showed a deer hunter shoot a big doe and Bigfoot stepped out and tucked the deer under one arm and took off after a quick look at the hunter.

I think they are out there and probably non-violent unless someone gets stupid and tries something.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Pygmy said:

Sumbitch changed his user name but not his avatar......Hehehehehe...

The delusional, paranoid individual changed his user name, but not his avatar......Hehehehehe....

THERE... I FIXED it.... I  extend my apologies to anyone who was offended by this post, including the aforementioned delusional, paranoid individual...

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2017 at 12:47 AM, TwoSeventy said:

.For further learning on this, start reading David Paulides Book,s on Missing 411,s. . The book I am presently reading is Missing 411 on Hunter,s.   The BowHunter that goes missing most is the one that goes on watch just before Sunset.

Mr. Paulides is a retire Police Forensic Officer with Master,s Degrees.      I also apologize for any misspelled word.

Respectfully,  TwoSeventy.

LOL.....that guy is on Coast to Coast when his books come out; wish they still had Art Bell around, he could do a good job on the conspiracy/UFO/bigfoot stuff.

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

This is why you should bring rubbers with you while hunting

worldnewsdailyreport.com/colorado-hunter-claims-he-was-sexually-assaulted-by-a-sa...

Happens all the time out there....Mike Tyson's Mom used to hunt in Colorado...

Father and Cousin attacked by a Bigfoot while fishing near the end of a Island in the State of Ohio near the Pennsylvania border.   Cousin was knocked by the animal off of his feet into the water. At the time of the attack their boat was  pulled up on shore. Cousin ended up in Hospital with 3 broken rib,s and one of the rib,s had  broken off and cut into his lung,s. Also the Cousin was hit by a large log that grazed his face which took 17 staples to close the wound. Military ,Game Warden, s, Plain Clothes personnel and finally uniformed Police. Attack took place in October of this year.

its going to be just like the wild hogs. Dont shoot them if you see one. If we can get enough of them in the state then NY can sell tags for them . So please dont shoot the big feet. I cant wit until I get my first bigfoot tag. That suckers going on my wall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I was a kid, I delighted in reading everything I could on Bigfoot, aliens, and Nessie. To this day, I kind of wish ( and many people will want you to believe) that there are boogeymen, and lets admit it...life would be more interesting if there were. Once we stop sleeping with the light on and checking under our bed every night, the next step is sleeping out in the back yard....then walking in the woods after dark....in time, surprisingly enough the boogy men disappear.

After spending as much of my spare time in the backwoods (sometimes VERY backwoods) from the Adirondacks, to Georgia, Ontario, up to the James Bay region, New Brunswick and beyond, I can easily and with total convictions state nowhere do I feel safer than as far from a road as I can get....even without a firearm. I am pretty good at meeting the locals, and love getting them talking about local history, etc. The folks who are the real deal, and live in the woods...allways laugh themselves silly if someone brings up the subject of squatch, etc. There are  big dollars / fame and fortune at the root of all of the "researchers". 

• Like 2

I have spent a good part of my life following my Coon Dogs all night in the woods by myself many times getting home at daybreak, Yes I have heard a lot of snapping branches, creepy owl hoots, Coyotes yipping-howling and Foxes talking back to my dogs. Never have run into any Sasquatches or Werewolves like they commonly seem to find on the Mountain Monster TV show.

I will tell you the wildest sound I ever heard is that of a Porcupine screaming, there is nothing else like it and it will make the hair on your neck stand up. The first time I heard one was in a downpour, I sneaked in to the tree the screaming was coming from with my caplight off, the only thing I could think of at the time was maybe it could be a Bobcat. When I shined the tree there sat perched on a limb a big old Porcupine wailing his ass off. I later learned they make those screams during their mating season and it is how they locate each other.

Al

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, airedale said:

I have spent a good part of my life following my Coon Dogs all night in the woods by myself many times getting home at daybreak, Yes I have heard a lot of snapping branches, creepy owl hoots, Coyotes yipping-howling and Foxes talking back to my dogs. Never have run into any Sasquatches or Werewolves like they commonly seem to find on the Mountain Monster TV show.

I will tell you the wildest sound I ever heard is that of a Porcupine screaming, there is nothing else like it and it will make the hair on your neck stand up. The first time I heard one was in a downpour, I sneaked in to the tree the screaming was coming from with my caplight off, the only thing I could think of at the time was maybe it could be a Bobcat. When I shined the tree there sat perched on a limb a big old Porcupine wailing his ass off. I later learned they make those screams during their mating season and it is how they locate each other.

Al

That is awesome! After you wrote that I searched for porcupine screams online..

You have solved a mystery for me ..lol I have been in the woods a lot and asked many people and no one until now knew the answer..

I have always wondered what that noise is. Often it sounds like a rabbit distress sound.. I always thought that whatever had that rabbit would kill it already and stop playing with it..lol

Edited by ncountry
Sp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, airedale said:

Al

had that freak me out once.  Me and my brother were leaving the woods in a spot in Lewis county.  Right at dark right next to us this hair raising scream. Now we didnt think bigfoot .......we thought bobcat.  Went back the next morn and there were three porcupines there in a pine tree.  We thought maybe a bobcat was messing with them and go the quills then a older local guy we knew told us that porcupines will make a noise like that too.  Never heard of such a thing.  But it sure made the chills go!  and guess what .........no bigfoot prints! lol 

• Like 1

As a scientist, it's my job to disprove theories, even my own. So, I'm a born disbeliever. I'm also not arrogant enough to think that we know everything. So while I will never say never, even superficial scrutiny will reveal that there's no credible evidence for Bigfoot.

Actually, I'd like it to be real. That would be fascinating, adding a layer of mystery to our world. Ever since I saw that episode of, "The Six Million Dollar Man" when I was a kid where Steve Austin interacted with alien Bigfoot (explaining the intermittent sightings--spaceship, of course), I thought that it would be great if it were real. I suppose that if you want to believe enough you'll find evidence that will convince you. Or maybe it's like faith, where you don't want or need evidence. Either way, I'm a bit sad that I can't believe, because it'd be a nice change from the crazy, verifiable reality that's become daily life lately. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2017 at 12:40 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I saw bigfoot once, he was chillin on the shore of Hemlock lake petting his trusty Chupacabra that was sitting next to his Adirondack chair. Bigfoot was smoking an indian peace pipe filled with his best homegrown hydroponics blend and sipping on a mixed drink made of moonshine that he had distilled in his bathtub. I mooned him from the boat I was on and heard him swear revenge upon me. I never go anywhere unarmed.

i heard that's how he relaxes.  throws bread crumbs into the water to feed Nessy.

• Haha 2