Bedding Area Pressured

Jjeangler23

Hey guys,

I hope everyones season is going well.  I wanted to get everyones opinion on something.  I hunt a very pressured piece of public.  It borders on private property.  The deer are very hard to pattern here with all the pressure but through alot of off season scouting I have them somewhat patterned.  I know where they are primarily bedding but I see alot of hunters come in and out of there bedding area. (Which is on private property).  If these deer are pressured out of there bedding area how long will it take before they return to that area/will they return to that area?

thanks in advance for the input

Sometimes mature deer will bed where they can watch guys walk in and out. Seen it many times with big old bucks. If there's a solid trail for hunters to walk, or a common area for foot traffic, they will prob continue to bed there. If there's a bunch of drives put through the heart of the bedding than that could have them searching for alternate bedding. My 3cents

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Sometimes mature deer will bed where they can watch guys walk in and out. Seen it many times with big old bucks. If there's a solid trail for hunters to walk, or a common area for foot traffic, they will prob continue to bed there. If there's a bunch of drives put through the heart of the bedding than that could have them searching for alternate bedding. My 3cents

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I agree with that. It seems like if guys are just walking through and the deer wont feel threatened they will still bed there but if hunting pressure is put on there then they will search for other areas