Why it’s high time to make peace with crossbow hunting

tughillmcd

Hey Doc , you missed this BS post --- sound familiar ?  

Kinda the same argument that Liberals use when they don't like a TV Show, instead of turning the channel and watching something else, they want it removed from the air. If you don't like the posts in the Crossbow Section, turn the channel. "  :rofl:

Just like the political forum?
I dont have an issue with some back and forth here and there sometimes, but its almost every single thread in the crossbow forum.

But this is hunting related...

And you can clearly see the tone set forth by this topic and who it was aimed at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually Eddie, I have to disagree with you on this. As I pointed out before, the anti crossbow crowd is always the side that fires the first shot. Always. Its going to stop.
The crossbow section is not going the way of the political forum, regardless of who doesnt like crossbows.

We shouldn’t get rid of this section at
all. It’s hunting related. No rules are broken and nobody is singled out for race, religion or gender.

9 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Maybe they are worried about the extra pouching that will happen with full inclusion of crossbows .  

Why would crossbow inclusion cause more poaching to happen?

the real reason is because in this state, hunting laws have to go through the legislature, you know, a bunch of politicians that don’t know anything about hunting. Makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Why would crossbow inclusion cause more poaching to happen?

the real reason is because in this state, hunting laws have to go through the legislature, you know, a bunch of politicians that don’t know anything about hunting. Makes no sense whatsoever. 

Well if that's the case we probably will never see full inclusion politicians  like to get MONEY from both sides lobbyist :)

Edited by Storm914

I heard of three 8 pts being taken around my cabin by xbows. At first I said these deer would still be around for me to shoot cause these guys never bow hunted before. I gave it another thought and said I really don't care to each his own good for them and moved on.

• Like 1

Why would xbow increase pouching well let's see maybe because it's easier to shoot then a bow little better range makes know load noise like a gun can be held cocked like a gun with a flash light attached at night or before legal hunting hours I can see lots of that happening.  You already get that now I always here guns going off before and after sunrise and sunset . With a xbow you just tempting people to do even more of that I would think at least that is  what I here The people against crossbows saying .  I guess they could just give less tags to account for that .

Probably not going to help the size of bucks shot in gun season either .  

Edited by Storm914

38 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Why would xbow increase pouching well let's see maybe because it's easier to shoot then a bow little better range makes know load noise like a gun can be held cocked like a gun with a flash light attached at night or before legal hunting hours I can see lots of that happening.  You already get that now I always here guns going off before and after sunrise and sunset . With a xbow you just tempting people to do even more of that I would think at least that is  what I here The people against crossbows saying .  I guess they could just give less tags to account for that .

Probably not going to help the size of bucks shot in gun season either .  

So again, I ask Why would full inclusion increase poaching. If people are poaching, they don’t give a damn about the laws, so they would already be doing it. It’s not like you haven’t been able to buy them in NY before they were legal hunting implements, and they have been legal for a few years now. Do you have any proof of full inclusion in other states that already have done it seeing an increase in poaching?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So again, I ask Why would full inclusion increase poaching. If people are poaching, they don’t give a damn about the laws, so they would already be doing it. It’s not like you haven’t been able to buy them in NY before they were legal hunting implements, and they have been legal for a few years now. Do you have any proof of full inclusion in other states that already have done it seeing an increase in poaching?

Think about it you look suspicious walking in or out of the woods with a crossbow loaded with a Broadhead if it's not in season  . So that is  a deterrent from people using them for  poaching  But if you make them legal for all of archery it makes  it easier for them to use it  before light with the excuse of well I was just walking in to get to my stand . When they could be going in before light or after  just to  jack light deer . And with know loud sound and  better range  of a crossbow and being  able to have it cocked it  makes it easier for them  to get away with it .  This know doubt already probably happens during archery  with bows .but With crossbows if let  in for all of archery it will only make it easier for pouches to get away with it . And easier to shoot and kill more deer when they do try it . As it's much easier then using a bow to do the same thing. 

It's going to happen the question is how much and what the effect will be  less tags maybe don't know. 

But it will change things if that happens just saying .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, GreeneHunter said:

IMO !

DeadHorse.jpg

But with every beat, another hunter or two supports full inclusion.  So far I have seen none go from supporting it to not supporting it.  The more threads like this we see the sooner it might happen.   It would be great if it happens prior to next season.  Maybe then I could get my first antlerless deer with my crossbow.    

• Like 1

But with every beat, another hunter or two supports full inclusion.  So far I have seen none go from supporting it to not supporting it.  The more threads like this we see the sooner it might happen.   It would be great if it happens prior to next season.  Maybe then I could get my first antlerless deer with my crossbow.    

I don’t where and how you keep arriving at this conclusion.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

They are Already legal for turkey and small game during bow season. Sorry but the logic just doesn’t add up. Probablys and opinions don’t add up to any type of proof. Just more sky is falling mentality. 

Yea but how many guys you see hunting small game with a crossbow at 4 am or coming out of woods after dark when u can use a gun more effectively for small game already you would look suspect to a game officer they are not born yesterday . Its about deterrence . You never going to stop everything you know what I mean. 

To me poaching has always involved a light and a .22 mag to the head, and before you can get there, the truck and deer are gone. Why would someone want to have to track a deer in the dark on land they are trespassing on in the first place?

I have no problem with people using a crossbow the same time I am using a vertical. Lack of funding for a real DEC presence and people losing their darn minds over deer are much bigger issues when it comes to poaching.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Yeah OK , I agree ! Have a Great Day !

2 hours ago, coonhunter said:

To me poaching has always involved a light and a .22 mag to the head, and before you can get there, the truck and deer are gone. Why would someone want to have to track a deer in the dark on land they are trespassing on in the first place?

I have no problem with people using a crossbow the same time I am using a vertical. Lack of funding for a real DEC presence and people losing their darn minds over deer are much bigger issues when it comes to poaching.

So if they are shooting the deer on there own land in the dark with a crossbow or bow it's not poaching ?  I bet you there is more poaching going on  that way then anything else . Or maybe not or over bait 

Edited by Storm914