Why it’s high time to make peace with crossbow hunting

tughillmcd

7 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

See that hits on the issue. So many of the ones against them and full inclusion are worried about what the other guy is doing and what his experience should be like. I could care less what somebody else is hunting with. It has zero impact on my hunting experience. If it’s legal, choose what you want and go get them.

So if a guy hunts state land he should not care about all the bordering property's  that  poach and  bait the crap out of there posted land changing deer habits so the poor guy who hunts that state  land has  next to no chance to see anything .   

You talk to a game officer they will tell you most the poaching is going on behind those posted signs  just to let you no .

So obvously some guys may objected to the idea of having a longer season for a silent weapons platform like a crossbow with a lot more range then a  bow .

That people can exploit .

I think having different  seasons is fair way to go about it .  

So if a guy hunts state land he should not care about all the bordering property's  that  poach and  bait the crap out of there posted land changing deer habits so the poor guy who hunts that state  land has  next to no chance to see anything .   

You talk to a game officer they will tell you most the poaching is going on behind those posted signs  just to let you no .

So obvously some guys may objected to the idea of having a longer season for a silent weapons platform like a crossbow with a lot more range then a  bow .

That people can exploit .

I think having different  seasons is fair way to go about it .  

Got it. Your perfect and the world is criminals. Unbelievable. The crooks are a small percentage just like every other aspect of life. Should pull alcohol off the market because some douchebags drive drunk? It’s every aspect. There are bow hunters that poach. And I include using the wife’s tags in the same category as hacking with lights. It happens everywhere but I do t by that it’s the mass plague you make it out to be. Honestly I don’t care if you want full inclusion or not. So grit your teeth and stomp your feet because full inclusion is coming. Count on it

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Got it. Your perfect and the world is criminals. Unbelievable. The crooks are a small percentage just like every other aspect of life. Should pull alcohol off the market because some douchebags drive drunk? It’s every aspect. There are bow hunters that poach. And I include using the wife’s tags in the same category as hacking with lights. It happens everywhere but I do t by that it’s the mass plague you make it out to be. Honestly I don’t care if you want full inclusion or not. So grit your teeth and stomp your feet because full inclusion is coming. Count on it

You make some good points  but  you need balance  different season works  fine by me and 

Will satisfy the most hunters 

Btw if you get full inclusion there is  good chance they will shorten the bow season just to compensate for the added deer pressure all the more reason the recurve guys don't like the idea .

Seems as though you were talking about parcels less than 500 acres or those with unfettered access to every “clown hunter” out there. Increasing pressure so hunting experience is ruined. That seems to be talking about state land given some other comments in here. And so your “experience” is so much more valuable than the “clown hunters” Why is that? Are you entitled more?

You’re using some super lib tactics here by not acknowledging my point and instead making me out to be some evil villain.

You asked why anyone would care or how their experience would be Impacted by full inclusion.

My response was that anyone hunting smaller parcels will suffer from added pressure.

And my experience is not any more valuable and if you want to be in the woods that bad with me you’d be using a compound as well. There are numerous stories on this forum of guys buying these things off the shelves and going into the woods. So yes, while not all are bad there will be more clowns.

You don’t like my blunt use of the term, but you can’t deny it is t true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re using some super lib tactics here by not acknowledging my point and instead making me out to be some evil villain.

You asked why anyone would care or how their experience would be Impacted by full inclusion.

My response was that anyone hunting smaller parcels will suffer from added pressure.

And my experience is not any more valuable and if you want to be in the woods that bad with me you’d be using a compound as well. There are numerous stories on this forum of guys buying these things off the shelves and going into the woods. So yes, while not all are bad there will be more clowns.

You don’t like my blunt use of the term, but you can’t deny it is t true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be as blunt as you want. I don’t agree with the term. I could care less about your bluntness. You are what is wrong with the sport honestly. Those that aren’t to your standards or expend what you feel is adequate effort are clowns. I don’t have an issue with a guy that shoots a round to verify, slides In the woods with his coat he wore in the diner and the boots he wore pumping gas. He can stand on watch with a big old cigar in his mouth drinking coffee. You see a clown. I see a guy that just doesn’t take it that seriously. That’s the difference.

So what you think there going to keep the season that long if the numbers change in archery season  lol don't think so 

Are you talking hunter numbers or harvest numbers? I would hope harvest numbers. And when hey do include it for the full season the adjustment will not be season length. It will be in doe permit allocations. If they wanted to really do it right the antlerless and either sex would go away and antlerless would all be I. The lottery system.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Do you have anything constructive to say or are you going to just make personal attacks and then claim well most guys don't mind if we use are scoped crossbows in all of archery season. 

Well yea if you insult and bully every one on here that says they do mind or disagrees   guess what your not going to have to many guys saying anything against it . If you want a longer crossbow season why can't I get a longer gun season then? 

Everyone wants a longer season .

See what I mean .

None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

You and other antis refuse to admit the reason for using a compound instead of a recurve is you want/need something easier. Which is perfectly fine. What is not fine is that you want your "easier" to be the cutoff for everyone.  This isn't an attack or bullying - it is pointing out the obvious.

Muddy it further by saying it becomes archery equipment based on physical abilities or age when a crossbow does not change one bit going from the hands of a 20 year old athlete to a 65 year old disabled hunter. How is it archery equipment for one but not the other? No one is looking for a longer crossbow season - they are looking for full inclusion in the bow season with all other bows. I'm 66, hunt bow season primarily with a recurve, occasionally with a compound when the wind chill drops below 25 or so and carried a crossbow 4 times this year for the 1st time. I support full inclusion. 2 seasons - bow for all bows and gun for all guns. Make it simple.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Are you talking hunter numbers or harvest numbers? I would hope harvest numbers. And when hey do include it for the full season the adjustment will not be season length. It will be in doe permit allocations. If they wanted to really do it right the antlerless and either sex would go away and antlerless would all be I. The lottery system.

Harvest numbers 

44 minutes ago, SteveB said:

None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

You and other antis refuse to admit the reason for using a compound instead of a recurve is you want/need something easier. Which is perfectly fine. What is not fine is that you want your "easier" to be the cutoff for everyone.  This isn't an attack or bullying - it is pointing out the obvious.

Muddy it further by saying it becomes archery equipment based on physical abilities or age when a crossbow does not change one bit going from the hands of a 20 year old athlete to a 65 year old disabled hunter. How is it archery equipment for one but not the other? No one is looking for a longer crossbow season - they are looking for full inclusion in the bow season with all other bows. I'm 66, hunt bow season primarily with a recurve, occasionally with a compound when the wind chill drops below 25 or so and carried a crossbow 4 times this year for the 1st time. I support full inclusion. 2 seasons - bow for all bows and gun for all guns. Make it simple.

Read back i explained this already it all depends on what kind of hunting experience you want. And I also said if you are physically not able to hunt with a vertical bow you can get a doctor's note  to use a crossbow. 

I notice  i see the words 

What I want a Lot here in this topic. 

It's not about you or me it's about what is fair  for all sides.

That's why you need different seasons for different weapons I don't get what the problem is .

May as well let muzzle loaders and any single shot rifles in archery season to then and have a free for all  lol

Edited by Storm914

5 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

Obviously you dont know because you have to be so handicapped that you cant use any diget on either hand to pull the trigger and must use a breath tube to fire ir

You have a season already injoy it it's a sport or wait till gun season like everybody else body. 

20 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

O and btw  crossbow is not archery 

Read the link 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery

CrossBOW does propel an arrow so i guess it would be called archery. Ny will have either full inclusion or will make it have its own season and require the purchase of another tag.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ELMER J. FUDD said:

Check the link you posted. Might want to read the last sentence.

P.s.

Anyone can edit a Wiki. :rofl:

So try it  get back to us .

Will be waiting lol btw You  going to have to change all the dictionarys with definition of archery  also .

Get started  will be waiting lol 

7 hours ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

CrossBOW does propel an arrow so i guess it would be called archery. Ny will have either full inclusion or will make it have its own season and require the purchase of another tag.

Arrows can be shot out of airgums  and ever normal  guns  just to let you know its,not even a new idea so can I use my  gun with a arrow in it in archery not fair it can shoot a arrow to .

You need  separate seasons  for different weapons  . 

No need for any of this fighting