ticks

nybuckboy

My son shot an 8pt last Saturday and I shot another 8 today. Neither one had any sign of ticks. Now last year I shot a wide 6 with bow and it had 7 or 8 large ticks you could clearly in the ears and around the genitals and abdomen.  I'm sure there were more but neither of these 2 bucks appeared to have any.

What region are you in?  I hunted in 8R last Fri - Mon.  We had 5 deer taken over the weekend in our group.  They were all loaded with ticks.  Pulled 1 out of myh uncles neck when got back to camp saturday night.   Had them crawling on me while sitting in my blind Sunday.  Had them crawling on me Wednesday when i was skinning 2 of them.  Hate them things.  I've heard certain areas of state are worse than others.  

Ticks have been real bad in 4C the last few years. I would have them crawling on me while sitting in my blind all the time. I treated all of my hunting clothes with Sawyers this year and have not seen one tick. Don't know if it is coincidence or the population is down this year. Haven't gotten a deer yet this year but the deer we've taken the last few years have been loaded with them. 

9 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Sawyers permethrin works.  We hunt one property loaded with them.  Treated my clothes this year once and had almost no ticks on me this year.  Usually you have to be very careful as I have them on me every hunt. 

After seeing others on this sight recommending sawyers I bought some cause the first month I was always getting ticks when hunting. Treated my clothing and no issues since

Treated clothes with Sawyers, pulled a tick out of the back of my neck, at the base of my skull, just above the hairline this morning. Probably should have treated my hats too. There are certainly no shortage of the nasty little bastids, in the hilltowns of Albany county. 

i also treat all my clothes with sawyers - stuff is the greatest.   i wear rubber boots for the last couple of years and hunt mostly 3r and 3m and haven't had too many.  i have pulled 3 out of my scalp and never dawned on me to treat my hats.  i will now!

I did a drive in 3m yesterday and went thru some really thick stuff - my buddy was fortunate enough to shoot a 4 point -but i only had 2 ticks thanks to sawyers.  normally i would be absolutey covered.

Also only ticks i have pulled off of me have been dog ticks. not deer ticks

Edited by f3cbboy