Breach plug stuck

virgil

I have a 50 cal TC Omega and the breach plug is stuck. I'm cranking on it as hard as I can. The tool is starting to bend and I'm afraid it'll crack. Just sprayed a little Rem oil on the plug and will try again later. Anyone have any other suggestions?

i think i've used tetra gun grease for a while now and haven't had problems.  muzzleloader has sat for a few seasons.  i check it but haven't pulled the plug.  i think i'll do that tonight.  tagged out through regular season so ML might be more opportunity to hunt if i have time.

i never even put lube on mine. As long as you take it out every once in a while while you are shooting it . grease just makes a mess. You should have used something like WD 40 or PB blaster. my  thompson has the speed breach. sometimes i have to use the tool on it but after i get it opened once it just fingers  to loosen it. I dont grease it just in case i have to bring the smokepole in from the cold and i dont want condensation in the barrel while its loaded. so grease just makes a mess when i take the breach plug out. All my loose powder get stuck in it.

23 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I've read some bad stuff about Bore Butter, I use TC breach plug lube and never had any issues.

I don't use it for the breech plug as TC had the grease for it.  I do use it on every other part and it doesn't work well.  never had issues.  actually i used normal gun stuff at one time. it rusted a little and the bore butter was the only thing to keep it under control.

I use 15 year old gray anti-seize on the threads. Just a little, never makes a mess. They spin right out. While at range I unthread after every shot, put some water down bore and a couple of patches, thread it back on without more anti-seize and after each shooting session a thorough cleaning and that is when it gets fresh anti-seize.

• Like 1