Your Best Day and Your Worst Day so far during the 2017 hunting season?

TopGun270

My Best day: Was when I was able to arrow my number 4 deer on my hit list which was a 9 pointer

My Worst day: Second day of gun season I watch my neighbor come out of the woods on his ATV and my number 1 buck was hanging off he back!

So what's your best and worst so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Best day was one I didnt even get a deer.  But mustve had a hot doe around me.  Saw 15 deer 3 bucks.  A big 8 chasing away a 4 point then i rattled him back to me but couldnt get bow back to shoot before he busted me.  Deer running all around me all day it was great.  Even though I got 2 deer with the bow this was the best day in the stand just cause of all the action.   

Worst day was opening day of gun  - cause didnt hardly see a deer until dark and two of my buddies that always go couldnt this year, so it was weird that they werent there. 

• Like 1

My best day was well before the season ever started.  It was when forum member Culvercreek Hunt Club invited me up to his cabin and property for opening weekend of the gun season.  Not really having private property to hunt in NYS anymore I was more than grateful for such an offer from someone I had never even met before.  The icing on the cake was when I actually bagged a buck early on opening morning.  Had a great time up at his cabin and Culvercreek is one hell of a nice and generous guy who'd go out of his way for you.  I can't thank him enough.

I have not had a bad day yet this season and hopefully I won't with one more hunting trip coming up to another state.  For me if I come back in one piece from a hunt and don't wound or cripple any game, I can't consider it a bad day or hunt.

• Like 4

Best day... Was spring turkey. Called in a beautiful tom for my grand nephew who took the bird with the same shotgun and under the same tree I called in his late dad's first bird long ago. 

The worst..  probably the same day. Miss my nephew dearly. Was a very emotional day.  

• Like 1

Best was 1. Arrowed a Doe with the Compound Bow - first with bow !

2. Arrowed a 6 Pointer with a Crossbow - first with Crossbow!

3. Shot an 8 Pointer opening day of gun season !

Worst .... found out we ran out of freezer space !

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Best was 1. Arrowed a Doe with the Compound Bow - first with bow !

2. Arrowed a 6 Pointer with a Crossbow - first with Crossbow!

3. Shot an 8 Pointer opening day of gun season !

Worst .... found out we ran out of freezer space !

I have plenty of freezer space lol!Sounds like a great season for Ya!

• Like 1

Best days was opening day after calling a doe under my stand, I gave her a pass along with the other 2.  Buddies friend got his first buck, hard to beat that.  

Next was hunting in the ADK on my B-day, jumped an ok buck camping by doe beds.  No shot but just a great day to be out. 

Worst day was probably when another hunter walked up to my stand with a climber and all his gear around an hour before dark did not see anything after the intrusion.  

Best day was opening day of gun season since I bagged a 7 point buck and a doe that weighed just a few pounds less than him. 135 and 130.

Close second was an afternoon bow hunt where i was on the ground and had eight deer come past and I had drawn back on I think the same buck I got opening day,but his vitals were hidden behind a tree.

Worst day was 8 hrs in a stand that I thought was a great spot and saw one scrawny doe and fawn.

Best
Day my son shot his first deer a 2.5 yo 6 point at 146 yards with the muzzleloader.

Worst
Day I lost my iPhone, got poison ivy, screwed up that evenings and the next 3 days hunting looking for that damn thing. SMH

• Sad 1

Best
Day my son shot his first deer a 2.5 yo 6 point at 146 yards with the muzzleloader.

Worst
Day I lost my iPhone, got poison ivy, screwed up that evenings and the next 3 days hunting looking for that damn thing. SMH

3 best days:

#1) Spending the day on the river bottom, hearing a pack of coyotes howl before sunrise, the leaves a peak color. Had 3 coyotes pass by my stand at 9am and had a beautiful buck pass by with no shot opportunity. That was just a peaceful awesome hunt where I spent the entire day in the woods.

#2) Another all day hunt where I harvested a nice 7 pt with my crossbow at 11:15am. I was 2 miles in so it took some time to get out. Each bite of meat is savored.

#3) Another all day hunt where I climbed the tree before sunrise and stayed all day, far off the road. I had a lot of deer pass by but no bucks. We had steady snow all morning and it was a great time to reflect and just enjoy being out there.

My worst days are the ones I have to work or have some other commitment and can't hunt.

• Like 2

Best day was 11 17. My dad and brothers birthday was 11 18. Me them and a good friend turn my father's house into hunting camp the night before opening day of gun. We have a few drinks and tell stories that always get better every year. Memories that never will be forgotten. My worst would be the last Sunday of bow. Wounded the largest buck I would have ever gotten and never found him.My largest to date would be 142 and 3/8 taken 7 years ago with my son with me. Anticipated arrow drop which didn't happen, and over estimated distance. Caught him in a golden rod field which I jumped him in the week before but he seen me first then. I came in another way the next time and he was there. I aggressively grunted at him and he came in looking for a fight. I hit him high he ran about a hundred yards then stopped and starred at me still looking for the other buck. When I started to reload the crossbow he walked away. Found 4 inches of fetching where he stood looking and that was it. Shot was maybe 35 yards but I overestimated distance where he was. About 4 hours later with help from friend and daughter we jumped him out of a bed and watched him runaway strong. We found little blood in bed and after another 3 hours called it off. Replayed that hunt all night long and got very little sleep

Man, I'm lucky.... There are so many great days I can think of quickly. Obviously the harvest days are up there but also plenty of other great days.

Worst day ??? Well, oddly enough last Saturday after I punched my last buck tag for 17'. But in reality it's as good as it is bad !!

I guess my best day was also my worst.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Best day, either shooting my 10 point in PA or the day i had 5 bucks chasing the same doe all over and i drew on a 10 point twice with no shot.

Worst day, would have to be bow opener when i brisket shot a doe. But i've been lucky enough to take 5 deer since then with perfect shots.