Hunt Scrapes/Doe Beds/Buck Trail/Food Plot ?

buffalojay83

What's the S.O.P. for this time of the season?  I'm pretty sure I  have a hot scrape and rub line.  Do I sit in a tree nearby?  Do I still hunt?  Both?   AAAAHHHH Whatever I do, I should've done the other choice.... What do you guys and gals like to do this time of the season?  I set up a cam at a fresh scrape that looks like it's  being used regularly, gonna check cards this weekend.

My buddy has 100 acres of well managed family land.  They took a couple nice bucks out of there and now he is just running 5 or 6 trail cameras.  He says the deer are really moving, and still doing quite a bit of chasing.  He has some food in his plots, but he claims the buck aren't really putting the feedbag on yet.  He also says he had 8 new bucks show up on camera since Sunday.  He is in central Vermont, so it may not have much to do with where you are.  I just thought it was interesting, and it changed my outlook for this weekend.!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

This weekend should be just about the time that they are getting into the second round of rutting. The weather looks great in my neck of the woods, cool temps, light winds and some stormy weather moving in Monday and Tuesday. Should make for a great weekend of hunting!

Maybe not this weekend but 1-2 after that. 28 days  for any does not bred the first time around and then big healthy doe fawn's? Who Know's.

• Like 1

I bow hunted yesterday morning in one of my spots near my house.  Deer were very much on the move.  Had a small 6 in front of me for 20 minutes or so.  He was making some small shapes and doing a little rubbing. He came in with 3 doe.  He wasn't a shooter so I took video of him instead on my iPhone.  I'd post it here but I don't think the site allows us to upload video.    

On 11/30/2017 at 4:28 PM, Wildone said:

I’d hunt the does, it’s where the bucks want to be. Think about it , if you only had one month to get a piece where are you gonna hang out?

Yes the young does (the ones Roy Moore likes... ha ha). This years does don't have a cycle yet so they could come in anytime.