Deer Processing Near Albany

Roland.poire

There's a few fellas / spots (some of them are mentioned somewhere on this site), but only one is coming to mind.  I used him for my first deer, and he showed me how to butcher.  He was reasonably priced.  He shows up at your place and cuts up from his trailer:

Mike's Deer Cutting:

518-469-3688

I've butchered all my own deer since, so that's the only experience I've had...

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Plan B in Clifton park 85 bucks ...who did you end up using 

Keller off Beach Rd? That's who I have been using for the last 5 years. What do you think of him? I have never had a bad experience but I have never used anyone else to compare. I know I surely don't get as much meat as some of the guys here say they get that process their own. I imagine Butchers aren't as picky about getting everything when they are butchering hundreds of deer. 

Yes, Ray off beach rd, I have no complaints been using him for years. For the price he can't be beat . As said above , Chester is good but man he is high.

I seem to think I get alot back, my deer was 120 gutted and I got two big boxes of meat back.

Did he tell you he's done after this year but 99% sure son and friends will be doing it next year .

Steve 

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

Yes, Ray off beach rd, I have no complaints been using him for years. For the price he can't be beat . As said above , Chester is good but man he is high.

I seem to think I get alot back, my deer was 120 gutted and I got two big boxes of meat back.

Did he tell you he's done after this year but 99% sure son and friends will be doing it next year .

Steve 

He had told me that the last 3 years. He always says the boys will keep cutting but he is always who I drop the deer too. I am not sure how much cutting he does now. I have dropped off some fairly large deer and some normal size deer. I feel like I always get the same big banana box back full no matter how big the deer is..... I have never weighed it or anything. Not that big of a deal but I was just curious. 

• 8 months later...
30 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Just figure if any of  Albany area guys here of any processors  in the capital district, please post them. 

Thanks 

Check out the Venison Donation Coalition website. They keep a list of processors that are involved in the program.  Pretty good resource if your nee a processor to cut them up.  Albany are a light on the map of processors. 

http://venisondonation.com/find-a-processor/

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Check out the Venison Donation Coalition website. They keep a list of processors that are involved in the program.  Pretty good resource if your nee a processor to cut them up.  Albany are a light on the map of processors. 

http://venisondonation.com/find-a-processor/

that was our biggest hurdle with our QDMA branch how do we plug the hell out of them when they have no processor around here in the capital region. had one that's on my QDM co-op and a branch sponsor but he got so busy with pigs, cows, goats, and sheep. he had to quit doing deer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I use Jim Maki & Family in Ravena NY 518-756-6258 , or 518-756-2183 ! I've been going there for roughly ten years and always satisfied ! They do a great job of wrapping and marking everything . He can make sausage (patty) and other specialities . He also sells firewood , we buy 2-3 cord per year - delivered !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...