Lucky bird

rachunter

I’ve been watching this Tom since April he’s hanging out in an airport. Pretty much stays on the outside porimitor. The funny part is watching airport security trying to eradicate the threat lol. They race up he ducks into the woods until they leave then he comes out fluffs his feathers and continues feeding. Everyone but them know where he roost and hangs out but these clowns. I hope they never get him. 

E60487CA-37CD-4778-A213-1354CA931309.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Great post and pic! Hope those security guys give up on chasing the gobbler. Canada Geese are the real problem flying low in a flock.

they shoot geese and duck all the time. a doe got in there one year they killed it immediately. I can understand the geese/ducks even though I disagree with it,but I doubt a turkey will cause any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Not good news for sure! They did not have to do that.   The Canada Goose is the real problem with their low flying in groups. I wish I knew more about this--but it seems to me that one of these security guys wanted a free turkey for Christmas. Now his buddy probably wants to take out another wild turkey for himself. Keep an eye out rachunter.  We need our wild turkey numbers to go up! I hope hens won't be targeted.

my boss talked to one of the maintenance  man he said it kept going on the helicopter pad . this is on long island it's not rural by any means and the turkey population is exploding. it won't be long before there out of control like the deer. personally I think it already is

17 hours ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Thanks for the update rachunter. Too bad that the helicopter pad was a travel area. Hope no nesting hens will be taken out in the Spring.

I have brought this up before-- but it is long past time for Long Island to have a Spring Turkey Season.

I doubt they'll ever be a spring season here to many people[hikers,bikers and dog walkers,ect..] using the parks. a few years back during the deer season a few bicyclers got into it with a few hunters they closed that park to hunting on the holiday.