Christmas lights and decorations. Whatcha got ?

turkeyfeathers

Anybody go Clark Griswold? Post em up. Haven’t even dug ours out yet. I’ll wait for the coldest ,nastiest day to be up on the ladder like I usually do. Only adds to the “ fun “. Yeah right. As stubborn and patient as I am to sit in the stand all day I have zero patience with lights. Couple of years ago I bought brand new lights to not deal with the old. Put up 3 strings , plug em in and 1.5 strings don’t work. I wanted to change my religion right then and there and we could simply light a menorah. Wife said she’s buying some new ones guaranteed to last 12 years. Will see about that.  Ill snap a pic of my folks pine swaths he’s been making and puts on  their fence. Show us your Christmas cheer 

I did the outside last week, we are now working on the inside and the tree as we speak. The outside took me close to 7 hours to do and that was with the kiddies helping. Today i added a few more things to the outside. Labor of love , kids and neighbors appreciate it. Will send picture of tree once finished. Picture sideways as usual..lol

20171202_220351.jpg

• Like 5

My Dad made these candles I’d guess 50 years ago . A wooden spool that film of some sort came on ( Kodak worker.)

Added a base, wired for a flame shaped bulb, painted .

They have been rewired , and I painted them again a few years ago.

Some day they’ll be in front of one of our kids house .

1A0278EE-2F0B-4347-8764-1EC8410ED22D.png

• Like 6

22 hours ago, mowin said:

Our house has a excepted offer. Just waiting for the inspections to be completed then it's pretty much a done deal, so not doing much decorating as we'll be packing stuff to up and into storage. 

Im in the same boat this year. We are just waiting to close on both houses on the 18th. Wont leave me time to do anything but get a tree up at the last minute.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Im in the same boat this year. We are just waiting to close on both houses on the 18th. Wont leave me time to do anything but get a tree up at the last minute.

Good luck on the closings.  We still have to wait for the buyer to get her inspections and mortgage commitment before we feel comfortable enough that it's a done deal.  The sellers of the house we want won't expect a offer with contingencies, so we have to wait until ours is pretty much set in stone before we can go forward with the new property.  

Edited by mowin

I just do a few bushes and have a Deer that turns it’s head back n forth. Someone down the street has a sign with radio station channel lit up.
People park in front of house and tune to that station. Their lights flash to the rhythm of the Xmas songs. Pretty cool
Actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk