Someone else got him :(

Iluvracks1359

So, as many of you know, I was had what appeared to be a nice, 9, possibly 10 point on camera, and this also happened to be a deer that I had wounded during bow season last year. I watched him since July, and was certain that I would run into him, but the spot I was hunting seems to kind of be where the deer were going to get away from all of the action, so when the rut turned on, they got up and out of there, and he crossed the main road into a much bigger patch of woods, and someone else took my deer :(. Ive attached the picture, and as you can see, the man who harvested the deer was none other than Satan himself. Terrible. LOL but in all serious, I don't know the guy, and I don't think its right posting a picture of him on social media, so I blocked his face.

This buck looks like he got a bit beat up, hes missing a few tines, but still, I wish I could have made the harvest.

the 10.jpg

Happens all the time. Unless your at a high fence, there's no way to control these wild beasts. One hot doe can have your hitlist bucks in the next town. The buck I got with gun was on cams over a mile away.... Focus on learning from this, and push yourself to practice more so your margin of error is less, that way when you have an opportunity you can increase your odds. Chin up, you still have time and with a dominant buck gone and potential for a 2nd esterous you may score something even bigger (maybe the big one your neighbor has on cam)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

late season, at least where I hunt, I would say 90% of people are out of the woods..  Right now I would say 70-80% of people have cleaned and hung up their guns for the year.  Try and catch the late rut and get a slammer!!

Same here,hardly anyone out last weekend and very few shots. I am even thinking of taking a walk around some state land here...

5 hours ago, Iluvracks1359 said:

and someone else took my deer :(. Ive attached the picture, and as you can see, the man who harvested the deer was none other than Satan himself.

Dont take this the wrong way...

#1 - It wasnt your deer unless you raised it behind a fence.

#2 - Not very classy on the Satan face on the guy, should have just blocked it out.

#3 - Apparently you werent after him too hard, as you shot a different buck 2 weeks ago.

• Like 2

So I Did the devil face in Jest, I have no hard feelings towards this guy, i just thought it was a funny way to hide his identity. Also, i know it wasn' MY deer, i would just like to think of it that way . In all reality is love to own my own hundred acres or so, that is completely secluded from other woods, that way I can watch deer grow and manage the heard. Hunting around here kind of blows because that deer, or the buck I shot is kind of considered a slammer around here. I see so many huge bucks shot in New York, but they just don' get like that here because no one lets em grow

I guarantee there are giants in your area. They know where to hide.... You don't know where that is.... I have a hard time believing there are NO mature bucks in your area, and I'm certain that the big guys can give the slip to more hunters than you can imagine.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

I guarantee there are giants in your area. They know where to hide.... You don't know where that is.... I have a hard time believing there are NO mature bucks in your area, and I'm certain that the big guys can give the slip to more hunters than you can imagine.

I was thinking there are no giants around my hunting grounds because i never saw one. That changed when i got some cameras,wow I found out. Still waiting to see one in person,but it is nice to know they are around.

The area gets hunted pretty hard on opening weekend,but there are a lot of hidey holes for the smart old deer as well. And some properties are off limits of course. 

I am in Otsego county

Oh they are around. We get glimpses of them every now and then on the farms I hunt. Sometimes we get bucks that we dont even catch on camera, but someone sees them, shoots them or we find sheds, etc. There are almost inaccessible places back in swamps, and on land where hunting is not allowed that these deer get into and hang out, and they rarely leave. I have had a couple of bucks that I was chasing for multiple years in a row that seemed to have disappeared for an entire year and then popped back up again.

• Like 1

They find places where they are safe and to an extent become nocturnal. Might get lucky in late season or during the rut. I had one buck that i had pictures of and also found his sheds, the following year not one  pic. of him , so i wrote him off as being dead. I killed that buck 2 years later. Just never know, sometimes gotta put the time in and hope for the best. 

• Like 1

What’s so wrong with this post? He’s a kid that was excited about a certain buck. One he was after so labeled him his buck. He obviously knows he doesn’t own the damn deer. He jokingly put a Satan mask on him. Big deal. I know where you’re coming from buddy. I once shot a nice 9 point and he ran to my buddy 200 yards away and he put him down. I jokingly said o man you shot my buck! It was rightfully his. He put the kill shot on it. My uncle had a trail cam pick of my ten point last year and he hunted him all bow season. I killed it opening day of gun. He said, “I can’t believe you shot my buck. I taught you too well.” Big deal! We always have bucks we label “our buck.” Wether we find their sign first, have the first pics, whatever. Obviously we know anyone can kill it at any time and we don’t “own” the deer. Give me a break. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Renegade Hunter said:

What’s so wrong with this post? He’s a kid that was excited about a certain buck. One he was after so labeled him his buck. He obviously knows he doesn’t own the damn deer. He jokingly put a Satan mask on him. Big deal. I know where you’re coming from buddy. I once shot a nice 9 point and he ran to my buddy 200 yards away and he put him down. I jokingly said o man you shot my buck! It was rightfully his. He put the kill shot on it. My uncle had a trail cam pick of my ten point last year and he hunted him all bow season. I killed it opening day of gun. He said, “I can’t believe you shot my buck. I taught you too well.” Big deal! We always have bucks we label “our buck.” Wether we find their sign first, have the first pics, whatever. Obviously we know anyone can kill it at any time and we don’t “own” the deer. Give me a break. 

Thank you, im glad someone gets me. Also, i would like to rip into all that' wrong with alot of what people say on here.. but I dont.. just sayin. 

• Like 2