Dutchess County Poacher

BizCT

It's said bird feeders not bait stations so I don't get what they mean . Unless they are saying bird feeders in your yard are considerd baiting deer lol if that's the case my neighbor baits he has six chickens and puts out 100pounds of corn a week in his yard lol I told him it is illegal to feed the deer he said it's for the chickens... 

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

It's said bird feeders not bait stations so I don't get what they mean . Unless they are saying bird feeders in your yard are considerd baiting deer lol if that's the case my neighbor baits he has six chickens and puts out 100pounds of corn a week in his yard lol I told him it is illegal to feed the deer he said it's for the chickens if the deer eat it to owell.....only thing I see wrong is he didn't tag it....I will say if I had a huge buck in my yard eating my bird seed that fell on the ground I would shoot him to.. call me a outlaw owell

He had cameras watching the bird feeder. Pretty obvious He killed the buck knowingly over bait.

The guy is pathetic and should license forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Bird feeders are bait stations now?

Improperly tagged I can see

Protected wildlife how does that fit in?

Sounds to me like the neighbor wanted to harvest that deer and didn't like getting the short end of the stick.

Additionally game cameras can be used for anything how yg as the proves it was for watching tg as the deer is really stretching it.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So he shot it in the Dark, over a bird feeder(yes this is considered baiting!!!) next to his stealth cam and did not tag the buck, nope nothing wrong here?  LMAO are you kidding me!  The hunter next door that spends hours tracking, setting up, practicing and planning probably called the SLOB in!  He woke up to Bang, wt?  Is that the buck I have been chasing for 3 years, DAM IT!  Hello DEC, I need your help!  

Thanks for catching another illegal hunter who thinks baiting, shooting at night and poaching(Yes deer are protected animals that is why we have rules.) are all ok, as long as I don't get caught!  Unreal!

• Like 2

The big problem here is it sounds like he shot in  the dark. Probably with spotlight but who knows.  Somebody knew what was going on that turned him in.  Alls he had to say to officer is "Yea I shot him at first light in the woods behind my house" but he caved to the questioning.  Dude its a friggin deer not a kilo of heroin.........   

8 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Improper tagging can be not filling a single section out. 

I forget all the time to fill out the part on actual license . I quickly fill out the tag but forget the license part until I go to call in the harvest and go "whoops, I did it again" I have been getting better and remembered on daughters deer

Why not?Been trying not to but what the Heck lets blow this thread up.I am not against shooting a back yard Deer if done legally the biggest problem that I have with this is taken before legal light and not properly filling tag.As far as having bird feeders I have them.I live and hunt in Dutchess County NY.That was a nice Buck I hope the meat was donated 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Are you getting better at her signature than on previous years? lol

This raises another question I know of some people that have their wives and other family members pick up the hunting license for them why?

I live in Poughkeepsie.

I have a bird feeder going year round in my back yard.

I've had 10 pointers in my back yard too.

I've even hung a couple of trail cameras to catch the action.

Have I ever hunted in my back yard ?    No.

Will I ?  No.

Have I ever been tempted ?  You bet your ass. 

But to me it wouldn't be hunting. 

Should he be ticketed ?  Sure....I think a $1000.00 fine would remove the temptation for the next time. For him to lose lifetime hunting privileges would be way too extreme.

The guy who dropped a dime better watch his back.

• Like 4