Dutchess County Poacher

BizCT

What are you calling poaching? The hour shot or the fact the feeders were used as bait...BTW...they actually sell cameras specially to catch birds feeding...though this wasn't that ...The thing is each and everyone of "you" that thinks 5 mins before or after isn't poaching ...well your only lying to your self...here's why...a deer can travel a good ways in 5 mins so you shooting that deer before the legal time poached that deer from the guy/guys within a 5 min deer walk or trot from your location, getting that deer legally... I have a feeling this place is sick with poachers....hhhhmmmmm

That 5 mins was to a post some days ago made ...in regards to .."I know what I would do" # of mins. is moot

Edited by growalot

What are you calling poaching? The hour shot or the fact the feeders were used as bait...BTW...they actually sell cameras specially to catch birds feeding...though this wasn't that ...The thing is each and everyone of "you" that thinks 5 mins before or after isn't poaching ...well your only lying to your self...here's why...a deer can travel a good ways in 5 mins so you shooting that deer before the legal time poached that deer from the guy/guys within a 5 min deer walk or trot from your location, getting that deer legally... I have a feeling this place is sick with poachers....hhhhmmmmm
That 5 mins was to a post some days ago made ...in regards to .."I know what I would do" # of mins. is moot

Who said it wasn't poaching? It is, we just think the law should be changed.

Bunch of self righteous wanna be punishers on here

Might as well lock this one up and throw away the keys. More people bait than probably anyone on here can imagine. Anyone who thinks it’s going to stop anytime soon is a fool. And anyone thinking these people will become labeled as felons because of it are clueless to this little thing called reality.

I have deer come and eat the corn I put out for my chickens once and awhile if there’s any left, I guess I should be stripped of all my rights and thrown in jail for 25 years now right?

1 hour ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Bunch of self righteous wanna be punishers on hereemoji849.png

Might as well lock this one up and throw away the keys. More people bait than probably anyone on here can imagine. Anyone who thinks it’s going to stop anytime soon is a fool. And anyone thinking these people will become labeled as felons because of it are clueless to this little thing called reality.

I have deer come and eat the corn I put out for my chickens once and awhile if there’s any left, I guess I should be stripped of all my rights and thrown in jail for 25 years now right?

Rules are in place for a reason dude! Has nothing to do With being self righteous . Rules are there to ensure  the deer arent slaughtered  off. If everyone is allowed to break the law then there  is no reason to have them. Being an adult means you do whats right without being told to do it. Children  do what they want and they gey punished . So either act like a adult or punished like a child your choice. 

Rules are in place for a reason dude! Has nothing to do With being self righteous . Rules are there to ensure  the deer arent slaughtered  off. If everyone is allowed to break the law then there  is no reason to have them. Being an adult means you do whats right without being told to do it. Children  do what they want and they gey punished . So either act like a adult or punished like a child your choice. 

I don’t dispute what’s legal and what’s not. I was being sarcastic about the people on here wanting guys locked away for 25 to life for a bucket of corn. I personally think it’s stupid for baiting to be illegal but I also don’t argue the fines imposed on those who are caught. The punishment that’s in place currently I feel is sufficient, unlike others who think such a small crime should constitute loss of license for life. Like come on get real. There’s also a big difference in baiting and poaching, I think some here have blurred the line between the two. While I don’t see baiting as a problem, I don’t agree with poaching deer out of season, at night or from a truck. O and what’s this about deer being slaughtered off? Don’t tell me that’s your reasoning why baiting should be illegal lmao🤣

check out this genius baiting on trail cam and posting a youtube video saying NY.

Browse through Craigslist sometime and check out all the people selling used feeders. They will post pics of them using it in their back yard! Also quite a few parcels of land for sale that advertise “good hunting” and have trail cam pics for evidence of that and those pics quite often have feeders in them. I’m tellin ya, it’s WAY more common than you’d imagine. Which leads me to my opinion that it’s a stupid law because if there were any adverse effects from baiting on deer health, we’d sure as hell know about it by now.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Browse through Craigslist sometime and check out all the people selling used feeders. They will post pics of them using it in their back yard! Also quite a few parcels of land for sale that advertise “good hunting” and have trail cam pics for evidence of that and those pics quite often have feeders in them. I’m tellin ya, it’s WAY more common than you’d imagine. Which leads me to my opinion that it’s a stupid law because if there were any adverse effects from baiting on deer health, we’d sure as hell know about it by now.

The effect is instead of having  deer spread out over the landscape like there suppose to you have  have them only in the back yards of these poachers . 

And good luck trying to hunt the neighboring state land or property . Near by .

The effect is instead of having  deer spread out over the landscape like there suppose to you have  have them only in the back yards of these poachers . 
And good luck trying to hunt the neighboring state land or property . Near by .

If that’s the only effect, then why make it illegal? If everyone could do it, your biggest argument against it suddenly disappears.

I mainly bowhunt westchester but have a spot in fairfield county as well where baiting is allowed. I can assure you it is not as easy as it seems to shoot a deer over bait. If it were, the deer population wouldnt be so damn high over there. Deer condition themselves to come in the downwind of the downwind side and make circles before coming to the bait and/or come solely at night. I have found once the whites and reds drop, I have seen deer walk right by the bait and go to acorns.

Im not saying I agree with NYS laws, but it is a law in NY and therefore we need to follow it. Baiting allows you to add a food that deer normally wouldnt have access too, and it does increase your odds. But its not a slam dunk home run.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

If that’s the only effect, then why make it illegal? If everyone could do it, your biggest argument against it suddenly disappears.

Your right but then there are those that say it is  not" fair chase "  hunting 

It is the same reason a lot of hunters will not hunt in fenced game preserves. 

They want to hunt the deer in its, natural habitat.  Not a artificial one. Plus makes it easier for the deer to spread diseases to each other  is the other reason .

7 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Come to think of it. I might just get a life sentenceemoji15.png. I have close to a thousand pounds of corn in my shed...just having corn around must be illegal if I’m a hunter right?

Forget life sentence, How bout lethal injection for feeding deer.  :taunt:  Once again its legal in every state that borders us.  Not a big deal.  I was in walmart the other day and they had skids of deer corn probably about 400 bags and yesterday it was all gone.  Forget about the hunters just about everybody on my development feeds them just to watch them..  EVERYBODY DOES IT   

• Like 1

Your right but then there are those that say it is  not" fair chase "  hunting 
It is the same reason a lot of hunters will not hunt in fenced game preserves. 
They want to hunt the deer in its, natural habitat.  Not a artificial one. Plus makes it easier for the deer to spread diseases to each other  is the other reason .

How’s that any different than people thinking treestands aren’t “fair chase”? Almost every Midwest state has legal baiting, and they shoot record book deer every year. So if it wasn’t considered “fair chase” how do you explain the record books being full of deer? High fence and baiting are two very different things. One is allowed in the record books and the other isn’t, so I guess you could say it’s a pretty cut and dry argument over what is considered “fair chase”. My acres of food plots has changed the natural habitat, what’s the difference? The spreading of diseases is going to happen with or without the bait. Deer are constantly up on each other.

Forget life sentence, How bout lethal injection for feeding deer.  default_taunt.gif  Once again its legal in every state that borders us.  Not a big deal.  I was in walmart the other day and they had skids of deer corn probably about 400 bags and yesterday it was all gone.  Forget about the hunters just about everybody on my development feeds them just to watch them..  EVERYBODY DOES IT   

Not everybody. I don’t. My parents own 30 acres, so I’m sure I could get away with it but I would feel pathetic shooting a deer illegally. Let alone posting pics of it or getting it mounted. Illegal is lllegal. Might as well shoot one on Sept 30th instead of 10/1. Or why the draw the line there? What about 9/15? Come on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cbyzerman said:

Forget life sentence, How bout lethal injection for feeding deer.  :taunt:  Once again its legal in every state that borders us.  Not a big deal.  I was in walmart the other day and they had skids of deer corn probably about 400 bags and yesterday it was all gone.  Forget about the hunters just about everybody on my development feeds them just to watch them..  EVERYBODY DOES IT   

Aren't you the guy that said that "drives are for lazy people"?   So baiting is no big deal to you but drives are?

Edited by Doewhacker

5 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

How’s that any different than people thinking treestands aren’t “fair chase”? Almost every Midwest state has legal baiting, and they shoot record book deer every year. So if it wasn’t considered “fair chase” how do you explain the record books being full of deer? High fence and baiting are two very different things. One is allowed in the record books and the other isn’t, so I guess you could say it’s a pretty cut and dry argument over what is considered “fair chase”. My acres of food plots has changed the natural habitat, what’s the difference? The spreading of diseases is going to happen with or without the bait. Deer are constantly up on each other.

Not my law I just fallow them .

In this state you fallow there laws  .

And the thing with the record book deer take it with a grain of salt .

You can never know for sure  how or where those deer got shot .

I forgot the name of the guy but he had a bunch of record bucks that later was  found out to be high fence farm rased deer and even deer he altered the racks of  .:)

Edited by Storm914