Any hope of this passing? Our NY Gov will fight it!!

Fletch

Our ghost of an AG is already on record stating that NY would sue, if this passed into law.  

This coming from the clown whose biggest accomplishment to date is suing Fan Duel and Draft Kings into forking over a share of their profits.   Not a peep about all the political corruption and kickbacks, but he made time to get the Prince a piece of that fantasy football pie!

STATEMENT FROM GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO ON THE PASSAGE OF THE HOUSE CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY BILL

"The appalling House vote for concealed carry reciprocity puts all New Yorkers at risk. This legislation would let individuals from out-of-state convicted of certain crimes carry hidden, loaded weapons in New York, in violation of New York's much better, safer law. Only the NRA could propose something so ill-considered, dangerous and vile.

"New York passed the strongest gun safety measures in the country, and instead of joining the fight against senseless gun violence, Washington is trying to make New York and the rest of the nation less safe."

###

Expected moronic FUAC statement did not fail to disappoint.  Someone should clue in the Princess that criminals aren't being given CCW's from other states and merely waiting on National Reciprocity to unleash hell on NY's streets. 

Based on the reactions, I have a feeling that this bill will actually pass. Dems are scared shitlessly that's why they lashing out... it will be fun watching states like NJ and NY tripping when national reciprocity is the law... Get ya popcorn ready :-)

I like the concept of the bill but IF it should pass it is going to complicate things for gun owners tremendously.

One of the bill sponsors was interviewed the other day: A gun owner crossing any state line WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ABIDING BY THE CCW LAWS IN THE STATE(s)  that he or she enters.

Cumo & others will still be able to pass laws that will hinder or make impossible the ability to carry from one state to another. Most of us have a hard time interpreting our laws and  am sure some other states would be quite difficult also.

I support it but wonder about the consequences.

33 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I like the concept of the bill but IF it should pass it is going to complicate things for gun owners tremendously.

One of the bill sponsors was interviewed the other day: A gun owner crossing any state line WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ABIDING BY THE CCW LAWS IN THE STATE(s)  that he or she enters.

Cumo & others will still be able to pass laws that will hinder or make impossible the ability to carry from one state to another. Most of us have a hard time interpreting our laws and  am sure some other states would be quite difficult also.

It would not override mag capacity limits or hollow point restrictions (in NJ), for example.  

STATEMENT FROM GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO ON THE PASSAGE OF THE HOUSE CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY BILL

"The appalling House vote for concealed carry reciprocity puts all New Yorkers at risk. This legislation would let individuals from out-of-state convicted of certain crimes carry hidden, loaded weapons in New York, in violation of New York's much better, safer law. Only the NRA could propose something so ill-considered, dangerous and vile.

"New York passed the strongest gun safety measures in the country, and instead of joining the fight against senseless gun violence, Washington is trying to make New York and the rest of the nation less safe."

###

Corrupt pos FUAC

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Likely what will eventually happen is NY will make the opportunities so limited to carry that this law if it were hopefully to pass would be in effect null and void. One cab only hope this passes along with the tax cuts which would definitely hurt my family and other high wage earner NYers which would force CUOMO and other libtards out in effect ushering in more level headed Republicans which would get rid of our sanctuary state, remove benefits from free-loading losers and also lower our taxes thereby making NY competitive again! Worst case I hope my family moves to a free state other than NY

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jdubs said:

It would not override mag capacity limits or hollow point restrictions (in NJ), for example.  

That was my point.....and who knows what restrictions or limitations other states have. One would have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to be legal in every state. Then you also have the "right to defend" regulations which vary from state to state.

If you commit a minor "violation" of another state's rules would you jeopardize your NY state privileges .

Lot of questions to be answered if it passes....but I still hope it does.

• Like 1

Passed the House, now onto the Senate.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38?q={"search"%3A["concealed+carry+reciprocity+act"]}

Going to be interesting how it will apply to New York City where the upstate New York residents do not have reciprocity even though they are New York State residents and passed the same qualification requirements as New York city residents.

Also going to be interesting how it will be "honored" in gun control fanatic places like New York, New Jersey and other high crime with lots of gun control states!

On 12/6/2017 at 9:19 PM, Steve D said:

I’m with you on this one. I am all for our 2nd amendment rights, but let’s face it, we’re struggling to keep them everyday. If this bill passes is NY just going to make tougher laws to combat it that we as NY residents will then have to abide by? Once you obtain your permit, we’re pretty much welcome to conceal our weapon and carry anywhere but a school or government building. A lot of the “shall issue states” aren’t even that free. 

Governor Cuomo said: "The appalling House vote for concealed carry reciprocity puts all New Yorkers at risk. This legislation would let individuals from out-of-state convicted of certain crimes carry hidden, loaded weapons in New York, in violation of New York's much better, safer law. Only the NRA could propose something so ill-considered, dangerous and vile."

1.       So Cuomo blames the National Rifle Association (“Only the NRA could propose something so ill-considered, dangerous and vile.”).  Sorry Cuomo, you’re in charge of the government, not the NRA.  It is you who have failed to protect citizens against gun violence.  Cuomo is unwilling or unable to understand that the major root causes of gun violence is founded in the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs; and the failed welfare system that has created an environment where children of welfare single mothers are at high risk of becoming criminals or victims of crime.  Sorry Cuomo, but the NRA has nothing to do with the illegal drug problem or the failed welfare system.  Those problems are your fault, not the NRA’s.

2.       Cuomo calls restrictive and prohibitive gun possession by law abiding citizens “gun safety measures”?   Sorry Cuomo that is another gun control supporter twisted lie your follower believe in.  Also Cuomo your SAFE Act has not made a difference in reducing gun violence. Why Cuomo?

3.       Cuomo has, in his own words the power to “fight against senseless gun violence”.  So why has not Cuomo done so?  Is he that incompetent or just a complete failure?  Cuomo is the governor, he has the power to order a real war on illegal drugs and fix the welfare system IF he really wants to “fight against senseless gun violence”.