Their back...

growalot

Lets see how many times have I called about them, over the years...Starting when they ambushed me at the end of the drive and chased me to the house circling it while I was on the phone to 911 a few years ago...Earlier just this year....They are a hunting pair..plain and simple...Here we go again....pics and e-mails sent..:mda:

12060004.JPG

12060005.JPG

12060006.JPG

• Haha 1

Take a phone or something and record them chasing you and the only thing you could do to defend yourself is shoot them. I'm sorry but if a dog is going to go after me or my family I'm shooting it end of story. I don't care what people on here think if the dog has acted aggressive towards you on your own property then it is only a matter of time before one latches onto you.

Imagine walking to your stand and one going after you in the dark.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Lets see how many times have I called about them, over the years...Starting when they ambushed me at the end of the drive and chased me to the house circling it while I was on the phone to 911 a few years ago...Earlier just this year....They are a hunting pair..plain and simple...Here we go again....pics and e-mails sent..:mda:

12060004.JPG

12060005.JPG

12060006.JPG

If i had those on my property and they made the slightest attempt to attcack me or my family, they would be shot plain and simple.

14 minutes ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

2 pitbulls? are these neighbors dogs? the one has a collar on. there should be multiple heavy fines out there now a days for stuff like this which hopefully will stop the homeowners from letting the dogs out at all. right??

Seems like  dogs have more rights then people these days you see them in the mall in the coffee shop even in the grocery store 

Just got off the phone with dog warden... "If you feel threatened  you can shoot them" ...I don't want to shoot them I want those owners to pay fines,fines fines...and if need be pay for put downs... So I told them I got a hold of DEC and they were understanding "You don't want to worry about walking to stands with these at large."   It's been 3 or more years of this BS...I don't ever want to worry about me and River being out on the property and I SHOULD NOT have to pack a weapon when enjoying being with my grandson on my land. Again dog warden "Well I'll try to investigate but I need more info"...seriously!?You have area...clear pics,they have collars and possibly tags, and you clearly have sex...Big Males... Then told me I need to look for them when I'm out driving...:rolleyes:

PICT0001 (4).JPG

Edited by growalot

Grow, you must have the worst LEO's in NYS. You have so many problems that would be handled so much differently where I hunt and live. Those dogs would be in a pound in two seconds where I live. I have no idea if there would be fines or not. Is it because you are so far out in the country that people trespassing, shooting deer on your land, letting your dogs run etc is just normal? I can't believe these problems just get blown off like its no big deal. To much area for LEO's to cover? I don't get it....

• Like 1

The Livingston county dog "warden" is in Geneseo...and I think a real dog lover...several miles away...The DEC has a, give em a warning attitude...so that shifts them to night time running...WTH I have told EVERYONE I'm running cams 24/7...The only time I got good results is when I called several years ago region 7..I told them reg 8 just won't do anything...the dog was eating the live deer as I drove by... so they came out to where I told them and tracked the dog back to the house...where no one would answer the door... They left a note  and called me..not sure what the follow up was.....But you know...first time I shoot one...my fanny will be flying in the wind as it were....:mda:

55 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

If i had those on my property and they made the slightest attempt to attcack me or my family, they would be shot plain and simple.

They would not even get that grace around here. Shot on sight and i can promise ya nobody would be dumb enough to post pic's of them anywhere near social media.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, growalot said:

Just got off the phone with dog warden... "If you feel threatened  you can shoot them" ...I don't want to shoot them I want those owners to pay fines,fines fines...and if need be pay for put downs... So I told them I got a hold of DEC and they were understanding "You don't want to worry about walking to stands with these at large."   It's been 3 or more years of this BS...I don't ever want to worry about me and River being out on the property and I SHOULD NOT have to pack a weapon when enjoying being with my grandson on my land. Again dog warden "Well I'll try to investigate but I need more info"...seriously!?You have area...clear pics,they have collars and possibly tags, and you clearly have sex...Big Males... Then told me I need to look for them when I'm out driving...:rolleyes:

PICT0001 (4).JPG

What town or county are you in ?

50 minutes ago, growalot said:

PICT0001 (4).JPG

Gotta tell ya grow, if those pitbulls are gamey at all you will have no fighting chance to save yourself or your grandson. You are making a grave mistake by trying to settle this with the owners. Im afraid that if you wait for owners to take action, it maybe to late and yourself or a loved one can get gravely hurt or worse. I have seen first hand what a large male gamey pitbull can do, its not pretty. And they will not stop and are relentless.

• Like 3

I don't know  Apex...I went to them 35 years ago with a murder plot, weapon that would be used.., victim and a psychiatrist that called me for my opinion and then they called and set up the appointment at the sheriffs office after 11 at night...and I had a possible victim sitting in a chair next to me,his wife..LOL They did NOTHING...even though a local school had a stalking injunction  or what ever it's called against him. 2 wks later he shot up a restaurant and killed the guy(who was a bus driver). He got 7 years...

So you tell me....:rolleyes:

Free-roaming dogs are not at all unusual. I have heard people say that one of the benefits to moving out into the country is that it gives their dogs freedom to run. If you shoot them and the wrong people find out, you are in trouble, and likely your name will be published in the local paper as a filthy low-down dog-killer. Unless the town has a leash-law on the books and a dog warden who is willing to enforce the law, the people and domestic and wild stock in the county are at risk. To many counties have an unstated policy of being a "sanctuary county" when it comes to dogs. Aw the cute little puppy-dogs can do no wrong. The only comment I have is that if you ever think that you might have to take matters into your own hands, do not publish pictures or comments about specific dogs. It makes you a potential prime suspect when those dogs do not return home.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 3

If those two dogs are running around and roaming the neighborhood constantly they will have been seen by plenty of other people in the area and there will be someone who knows who the owners are and it is a good bet they do not live far from you, it should not be too difficult to find out who they belong to especially with the photos you have.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Free-roaming dogs is not at all unusual. I have heard people say that one of the benefits to moving out into the country is that it gives their dogs freedom to run. If you shoot them and the wrong people find out, you are in trouble, and likely your name will be published in the local paper as a filthy low-down dog-killer. Unless the town has a leash-law on the books and a dog warden who is willing to enforce the law, the people and domestic and wild stock in the county are at risk. To many counties have an unstated policy of being a "sanctuary county" when it comes to dogs. Aw the cute little puppy-dogs can do no wrong. The only comment I have is that if you ever think that you might have to take matters into your own hands, do not publish pictures or comments about specific dogs. It makes you a potential prime suspect when those dogs do not return home.

True That.  Trust me, There are many dead dogs out there be it tame or wild that will never be seen again and i cant remember ever taking a picture of any.  Thats where the last "S" comes into play.

• Like 1