My new Puppy

Paula

Beagle puppies are the cutest, until they get a little older and bark at everything outside the house or in the yard. Not so adorable then... been there, done that!

Last dog I got, thought a long time about a good and appropriate name to fit her personality. Mostly I just call her Goofy instead of her given name. Assuming he has a pedigree and a foot long name would be appropriate. Going to be a sub-13" adult boy, huh? Maybe Cooper, as in mini-Cooper...?

Good luck with your new child!

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

He should be 14. I won’t have a long name, short and sweet for me. 

My other two that I have out in kennel do not bark much, we have deer and other critters. I guess they know the time and place for it. The ones in the house bark at everything, can’t stand it!

22 minutes ago, Paula said:

My other two that I have out in kennel do not bark much, we have deer and other critters. I guess they know the time and place for it. The ones in the house bark at everything, can’t stand it!

When I lived in S Indiana I kept beagles. I hunted cottontails over them with a 12ga double barrel muzzle loader.

I had a small "shop" on the back porch that was not far from the kennels. The 1st step in preparation for the hunt was to snap some caps on the shotgun's nipples to clear the breech of oil before loading. When my dogs would hear that they would start baying and carrying on because they knew what was coming next.

• Like 2