Package riflescopes?

I'm looking at maybe buying a lower-end new deer rifle. Some well-received ones,  like the Savage Axis II XP, only seem available in a scoped package.

I'd rather buy a better scope to use than the cheapie in the package. Is there any market for the unneeded scope?

1 hour ago, BaldguyLee said:

I'm looking at maybe buying a lower-end new deer rifle. Some well-received ones,  like the Savage Axis II XP, only seem available in a scoped package.

I'd rather buy a better scope to use than the cheapie in the package. Is there any market for the unneeded scope?

1 hour ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

Yes on ebay. Sold a couple on there

Yep sell it on e-bay. Especially if it has a fancy smancy reticle. List it as "new other" which is what you do with "take off" stuff, but if you shoot the gun with the scope on it you can't truthfully list it as such.. Specify that it is a take off. Do it as an auction with a starting bid of about $50 to get them bidding. Luepold VX-2 3-9X40s are going dirt cheap right now. You will probably be able to get $75 or so + shipping for the junk scope.

My buddy bought the savage axis package and the scope some how got out of whack and he shot a does leg off ,he was sick over it . Went home and shot some targets and sure enough it was hitting way low for some reason. He has better glass on it now and it's a very capable rifle.

Got a drawer with about 4 scopes in it. Haven't Sold them.

Started donating them to people who wanted scopes on their 22 rimfires.

They have had no problems.

Guess I could sell them but get more satisfaction out of others starting to shoot and getting a bonus for free.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk