BEWARE OF SAVAGE 10 ML

hunterman7956

Well, the article I read was from Dec 6 2017. So it really isn't that old maybe you knew about it but I didn't and some others may have not known as well. I posted it because I wouldn't want to buy a muzzy that could explode because of a failure  with the barrel and thought others might like the info.

As long as you follow the book guidelines you will not have a problem. Many of these guns did not leave the factory without being tested 3 times the normal pressure the barrel would see. I have shot two deer with mine so far and got it last year at a gun show! Randy Wakeman has done a lot of research on this muzzle-loader.

Edited by rotorooter23

16 minutes ago, sailinghudson25 said:

They're nice. But I think people push the extreme edge with these.

They cost a ton, I have seen tons of great 150-200 yard shooters from basic muzzleloaders a third of the price.

Each their own.  I get picked on enough for using flintlocks even in rifle season....

I even use real blackpowder in my omegs I stead of substitutes. 

This is my "150 yard shooter" and it uses real fffG back powder and .535 round balls.

aEBLAnR.jpg

VZdSlBC.jpg

• Like 2

What a stupid post. If you google rem 700, moss berg 500, or any other popular model you’ll see there are failures. There may be 3-4 out there for 10mls (ALL STAINLESS TOO MIND YOU) and now some post hero will save the hunting community. Bubba uses a smokeless set up? Actually bubba would use pellets. Please use what you like but to bad mouth something you don’t have or know about just keeps the performance level of this forum and NY hunters where it is at. Idiots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Palatka’s case, a federal magistrate in 2015 sanctioned the company for a “purposeful record of obfuscation” that included falsely claiming that it was aware of only two prior explosions while withholding information that showed otherwise.

The company acknowledged in Hansen’s case that it received 45 legal claims related to burst or split barrels dating to 2004. Hansen’s lawyers say documents show Savage Arms created a special “muzzleloader return team” and faced hundreds of warranty and service claims.

First of all notice there were 45 claims not 2-4 as you claim in your rant which I suppose was directed at me . I take no offense at your name calling because you mean nothing to me !  My intent was to make others aware of this problem if they had one of these guns so a mistake wouldn't be made in loading this particular muzzyloader thus avoiding injury to themselves or others . Maybe too much kool aide tonight caused your outburst and if it did a word of caution ...LAY OFF IT !! You sound like an angry person and should relax a bit . Now take a deep breath and chill.....

v

1 hour ago, hunterman7956 said:

read it yesterday don't have link look it up

Savage Arms Under Fire For Exploding Barrels - Bearing Arms

Link the light blue highlighted area in the article about exploding barrels after the 1st paragraph read it .

1 hour ago, hunterman7956 said:

In Palatka’s case, a federal magistrate in 2015 sanctioned the company for a “purposeful record of obfuscation” that included falsely claiming that it was aware of only two prior explosions while withholding information that showed otherwise.

The company acknowledged in Hansen’s case that it received 45 legal claims related to burst or split barrels dating to 2004. Hansen’s lawyers say documents show Savage Arms created a special “muzzleloader return team” and faced hundreds of warranty and service claims.

If you have a problem understanding the quote try reading it again  Also I don't post much because of forum members like yourself ...and in the future I won't.

Wasted my time reading that. All stainless. Two formal cases. Multiple reported returns for barrel damage by rear sight mount. This guy borrowed the gun and shot it next to his pregnant wife. Refused to share pertaining info such as if the attorney contacted him. Others tried to sell damage guns back to savage. Savage found most of the damaged guns to suffer from overloading. Remington and other companies sued were quoted. Sounds like misuse turning into a retirement plan to me. Please keep us up to date on all the other safety issues out there unfairly haunting our community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a chill pill GJS, a member posted what he thought was important.  Unless your the grandchild of Henry Ball you should take no offence. I'll listen to what ever anyone has to say about safety.

We can probably end this thread unless you want us to waste more time reading your posts.

Steve

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 2

Another fanboy rescue. If someone posted the crossbow injuries this year through the nation and said they’re more dangerous than compounds it would be an okay debate. BUT your bud posts a thread of warning for one of the best guns made based on 3 supposed stainless version failures and that’s a good being a Good Samaritan and guardian angel.

Just put it in proper context, title it appropriately and have the balls to say why you dislike them and discredit them despite having no experience with them beyond and internet article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk