Can a bullet kill a deer even if you miss?

Hunter007

That was a quote I copied off a military site...Nothing I said...to be clear...BTW ignore feature blocks me from seeing your post...so unless you blocked me..Though I saw this.. I would n't see your post..so no blocking from me...
I was gonna say... If I'm blocked I feel a bit like growie ! Lol. Understand now why I couldn't find that post in this thread though... And for the record your obviously not blocked. Block is a feature I only use on my psycho ex lady friend. Might as well call her miss B. And you can do the math on the B

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The only way you are getting killed by a bullet if it does not hit you directly is by Ricochet no vacuum explosion black hole wormhole   will do it .

If you think  otherwise please provide proof of it .

Probably a ricochet from one of those rounds  killing someone is the basis for that myth I would imagine.

Edited by Storm914

All I know is I hit a deer at 55mph with a truck and it got up and took off unable to be found... Ain't no vacuum/heat seeking/missile/shockwave hitting them harder than that in my opinion. At least we can all agree on one thing. Keith Warren is a douche.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, chrisw said:

All I know is I hit a deer at 55mph with a truck and it got up and took off unable to be found... Ain't no vacuum/heat seeking/missile/shockwave hitting them harder than that in my opinion. At least we can all agree on one thing. Keith Warren is a douche.

Depends on the make of the truck and color. A dodge can’t go fast enough and on impact would disintegrate for sure. And red is proven to be the best jellyfier there is. I read that on a web site. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Depends on the make of the truck and color. A dodge can’t go fast enough and on impact would disintegrate for sure. And red is proven to be the best jellyfier there is. I read that on a web site. 

Read that too but if it’s a leap year that black trucks are for more devistating   Especially on Wednesday’s with only 30 Days in the calendar month. Man , list all the facts if you’re going to make this statement. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Read that too but if it’s a leap year that black trucks are for more devistating   Especially on Wednesday’s with only 30 Days in the calendar month. Man , list all the facts if you’re going to make this statement. 

Black Ford Raptors are good UNLESS the have a bed rug. Then useless. They have been known to bounce off the deer. True story.com. 

There are so many facts I can’t list them all. 

I gotta go load my Sasquatch’s 50 Bmg, gotta go. 

• Haha 1

I hit mine with a red Dodge! No kidding! Maybe the Mopar emblem took precedence over the color??

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Yes it can if the deer has a heart attack, otherwise no.  Did not even watch the video, I have enough idiots I deal with daily no need to add another. 

I thought that might be the case, when I found my first Adirondack buck's carcass lying under a big pine tree a few years ago.   He was laying on fresh snow, and there was not an external mark on him or a single drop of blood visible on the snow.   His eyes were wide open, as I stuck the muzzle of my rifle into one of them, to check for a blink. I always do that when walking up on a deer in that condition.   I rolled him over and there was no mark or blood on the other side, or under him.  When I gutted him, and cut through the diaphram, the lungs were both like jelly.   I could see three holes looking from the inside of the rib cage, one centered on a rib, and two off to each side.   At first I thought all three of my shots hit him, but it turns out only the last one did. The other two were caused by bone fragments.   A branch must have caught my first well-rested shot, as he stood by the creek down in the valley below the ridge I was on.  My second shot was taken offhand, as he walked into another opening.  Offhand is not easy for anyone at about 300 yards and I only took that one because I assumed my first one hit.  Fortunately, the sound of that second shot must have caught his attention, causing him to stop walking just as I reached a tree to rest my heavy rifle on.  It had to be that third and final 150 gr 30/06 bullet that struck the second last rib, as he was quartering away.  It ended up inside the shoulder on the opposite side, dropping him dead in his tracks, but out of view from my firing position.   

I have also killed a few woodchucks with my 22/250, that did not have an external mark on them or loose any blood.   A pointed bullet makes a tiny hole thru on the entrance side, and you can often not see it thru the hide.   Inside, I am sure those chuck's guts were a jumbled mess, much like I found in that buck's chest. 

In the case of that 50 cal, if it really did hit the eye on one side and then pushed thru about 1/2 inch of the densest bone on a deer, it surely would have done a lot more damage coming out.  I doubt anyone would believe that it passed thru both eyes if they first went and looked closely at a deer skull. A deer's head is not a hollow sphere of bone with eye holes on each side as many apparently believe.   If it was, and the bullet just had to penetrate jello like eye balls and brains, Then I would go along with the in one and out the other theory.  The problem with that is that the biological structure of the skull does not support it.   Please take a look at a skull before replying to the contrary.               

Yup, it's a wild thread. Yet I can't look away. I see it in the new post list and click it. Glad I'm not the only one.

"Jellied deer lungs" Sounds like a delicacy served at the dinner scene in whichever Indiana Jones movie it was. Lost Ark?

I like odd foods, I'd try some.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yup, it's a wild thread. Yet I can't look away. I see it in the new post list and click it. Glad I'm not the only one.

"Jellied deer lungs" Sounds like a delicacy served at the dinner scene in whichever Indiana Jones movie it was. Lost Ark?

I like odd foods, I'd try some.

What we need is yes / no poll if you think it went in one eye and out the other.  My vote is that is no.

How about some Adirondack mountain oysters ?     

What are the odds that he was on an absolutely  perfect flat plane with that deer to manage a through and through on the eyes without hitting the cranium with the skyrockets being how much bigger than the bullets diameter..See those are relevant questions...

Those odds are much better than that he missed completely and the deer died anyway.
  • Like 2

I don't  know.. I shot a doe in the wide open 30 yrds broad Side with a 20 games. Knocked it down...it got up and walked away feeding as it went. Then dropped dead a hundred or so  yards up hill....there was no hole in it's body.. the slug an wadding were in it's hide between the skin and fatty side of hide still completely intact, save one slight dent in slug...What were the odds on that..

Every event is a,series of circumstances and how they manage to combine to produce an out come.. I never close my mind to possible out comes.

6 hours ago, growalot said:

I don't  know.. I shot a doe in the wide open 30 yrds broad Side with a 20 games. Knocked it down...it got up and walked away feeding as it went. Then dropped dead a hundred or so  yards up hill....there was no hole in it's body.. the slug an wadding were in it's hide between the skin and fatty side of hide still completely intact, save one slight dent in slug...What were the odds on that..

Every event is a,series of circumstances and how they manage to combine to produce an out come.. I never close my mind to possible out comes.

If that really happened  that acually would be caused by the shock of the slug hitting the deer .

But I'm skeptical that you did not get more penetration .

Maybe was a defective weak load .

You can be as skeptical as you want but This happened several years ago and I had posted the pic of slug with wadding still attached..let me make another reminder here. People on here know me I would be a fool to recount something untrue when people that know me are also on here.:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, growalot said:

You can be as skeptical as you want but This happened several years ago and I had posted the pic of slug with wadding still attached..let me make another reminder here. People on here know me I would be a fool to recount something untrue when people that know me are also on here.:rolleyes:

Like I said could have been a weak defective load  maybe .

O don't take it personally about me being skeptical it is the internet. 

If you telling me that the deer took a %100 good shotshell from 30 yards and did not get any penetration I have a bridge I want to sell you . 

What brand of slug was it because I would ask for my money back if I were you :)

17 minutes ago, growalot said:

Well of course and more then likely factory or getting damp from my carrying it all season. Though I fear the point was lost on this..and I will only shoot Brekeke

I have had no problems with rem 3 inch and Winchester 3 inch  slugs  .

Branneky are good to .

But you never know I guess 

Edited by Storm914