Let's play CSI

Robhuntandfish

small patch of woods in ontario (8f). don't get me wrong, they're there. but not a ton of them on cams or nearly as much howling as we have had back in the day.
Ugh. Your past that dreadful 1hr mark... Or id come and see if we can't prove you wrong !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i'm not saying they're not there. I'm asking someone to motivate me to spend another $100 to $200 on hunting equipment and more importantly, more time in the woods away from the wife and 3 young boys.

we have cams throughout and they're rare, as well as a very healthy deer and fawn population. Making me wonder if it's worth it. Plus some of the neighbors hunt them.

Edited by Belo

i'm not saying they're not there. I'm asking someone to motivate me to spend another $100 to $200 on hunting equipment and more importantly, more time in the woods away from the wife and 3 young boys.
we have cams throughout and they're rare, as well as a very healthy deer and fawn population. Making me wonder if it's worth it. Plus some of the neighbors hunt them.
All it takes is one successful hunt. Deer is awesome, big game, super smart but it's a sit and wait game (typically). Coyotes are predators. Called in, and a few vocalisations at night can really get your adrenaline going. Then eyes in the lights, then the shot.... Tons of fun. I don't get "buck fever" but I can tell you I get a bit jittery once I know some dogs are coming in. I'm not saying it's worth time away from family but what I do is the kids are in bed by 8pm and I'll hit the road at 9-10 or so. Everybody is sleeping and I'm out giving dirt naps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1