Extension

Dom

10 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Last report was up our group is down buy lots of deer come in late season as people go on freezer filling missions.253ae6c3d302f17e7df59c398c930e3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That doesn't mean the kill rate is up. It is only a reflection of the increase in the harvest reports. That just tells me that we are better at reporting not necessarily killing.

It has to be that reports are up, I know we dont represent every hunter in the state but there are some good hunters  here and the opinion seems to be on this forum that kills are down.

I would believe that we do represent well here , it does seem that a lot of people got deer this year.  I know im in for three deer, granted its not the seven I got last year but hey Its not over yet.I dont go back to work until  January 2nd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Don't know about harvests, but from what I heard in the woods, shots fired were up like 8000% in 5R!

That is a completely different graph:taunt:......If I counted all the shots I heard in succession as dead deer there wouldn't be a deer left in New York.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Don't know about harvests, but from what I heard in the woods, shots fired were up like 8000% in 5R!

Hmmmm.. I have heard the fewest shots this year ( 8X) that I have ever heard....

Of course, the numbers of shots heard dropped off dramatically when rifles were legalized here, but still, it has been a very quiet season in my area, and I have been out there a lot..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vizslas said:

It has to be that reports are up, I know we dont represent every hunter in the state but there are some good hunters  here and the opinion seems to be on this forum that kills are down.

I would believe that we do represent well here , it does seem that a lot of people got deer this year.  I know im in for three deer, granted its not the seven I got last year but hey Its not over yet.I dont go back to work until  January 2nd.

I know around here in the North it has never been any worse as far as deer numbers. The DEC have no clue as to what the real numbers are. There are pockets of deer in areas and they add up to a lot but outside those pockets the deer are way down. Coming from many in this area they have not seen it as bad.

All good guesses, but we really won't know until the final tally is completed and published some time in March. And then it will only be a statistical "hail Mary" activity ..... lol. And when they get all done, assuming their results are correct, it still won't mean anything because the only place that numbers really mean anything is the tiny area that we happen to be hunting. Even the township numbers do not indicate anything specifically where you are hunting.

Why in the hell would you want to make the season longer because people are not filling their tags? If tags are not being filled and I have my doubts on that, just from what I have seen. Then the main reason would be lack of deer so why would you want to hunt them longer.

There are deer out there . They have just gotten smarter . Saturday when my oldest son and I were hunting in Geneseo , he wasn't seeing anything until I went into the thickets . 5 doe ran out of there and met up with another 5 that was in the back of the woods . I have had deer pics on the trail cams all summer but now pics are quite sparse .

saw a record number of deer in bow. When the orange came out they literally disappeared. 72 deer in bow, shot 4 (ny/pa), 1 deer in gun. Where i hunt there is no lack of deer, its the hunting tactics people use. I saw so many people walking the farm i hunted in 7p on opening day that i left. Went to a small untouched property and that's where they were. 

Edited by Hock3y24

• 2 weeks later...
That doesn't mean the kill rate is up. It is only a reflection of the increase in the harvest reports. That just tells me that we are better at reporting not necessarily killing.

I have zero faith in the DEC but your comment is even scary than what MrHurst dreams about herd wise.

When people lie about lies lying amongst lies ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk