Amish box calls

wooly

Sis likes to hit up the Amish auctions whenever she gets a chance.

Every time she goes to one, she brings home a few box calls for each of us.

Yesterday she won two sets of these for 7 bucks a box.

Can't beat that price..., and they sound and feel pretty damn good with some cool wood combos.

large.jpg 

large.jpg

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Very nice.....which Amish community did these come from??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not exactly sure.

Two of them are tagged "Sweetwater Calls" if that helps any.

Have a few others from Cherry Creek and Centerville, but no pics on hand.

Have found out that a lot of "amish" stuff, isn't really Amish at all but made like everything else at a company and rebranded.  Not saying those box calls are.....have no idea.. but the Amish store stores around here do this a lot.  They hardly a thing there its all just rebranded and marketed as Amish.   

It cracks me up when you go to some of there farms.  No phone etc in the house....but the barn has a phone, answering machine, computer, internet, etc...

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Have found out that a lot of "amish" stuff, isn't really Amish at all but made like everything else at a company and rebranded.  Not saying those box calls are.....have no idea.. but the Amish store stores around here do this a lot.  They hardly a thing there its all just rebranded and marketed as Amish.   

It cracks me up when you go to some of there farms.  No phone etc in the house....but the barn has a phone, answering machine, computer, internet, etc...

The Amish and we have a much different way of life style only certain members of the colony can have access to the phone money and cars.They live a simple but hard life.

A positive note on the Amish   Calls look nice , did you throw some calls off of them ? Besides some nice barns and hunting shacks I got nothing to say. Poach , shoot everything ( deer ) , trespass etc. I’ll take their picture and burn their soles. Slobs ! Hopefully there’s some good turkey talk built into those to offset a little built of their antics. Sorry for the rant. 

• Haha 1

I had all of our bedroom sets beds and kitchen table made from Amish cause price was right and quality hardwood. Then one day I seen a group of Amish building a house.. All had brand new Dewalt power tools and table saws. I just laughed . But still quality craftsmanship so what the hell do i care