Critique my management plan

Zag

They will be hard pan.. you may want to recover with a couple of inches of topsoil and plant a the clover vetch mix. Or only do section of the road condusive to hunting and cover just those area with top soil and plane clover..

Zag,

A few things about your plan.   

Do you need income from logging for taxes?

What equipment do you have to keep the food plot.  Do you have much free time for stuff like mild thinning and hinge cutting?

What else is done at this porperty or next door to your property.  Do you have kids who want to ride atv's.  Family members who want to summer camp.  Are you planning to put a camp there or not.

Hunting is a only a few weekends a year.   Enjoying a rural spot can be done year round.

Do you have a prefered method or season of hunting.  Work is nuts and I can only hunt late season.  Or I hate the cold and really like early muzzleloader.  In mainly wooded areas, deer focus on certain areas for a month or two, then go elesehwere where their needs are better suited.

Do deer yard in your area, or stay all winter long?  Do you enjoy grouse hunting or snowshoe hare

I do what I can within the rules wherre I hunt up in the adirondacks.  I focus on the pre-rut muzzleloader season and do stuff to attract another group or two of does to our lease when they return from yarding.  Focusing on the buds that bloom earlier on brush and in areas where our landlord doesn't care about.  I also focus on the water edges making habitat better for furbearers.  Alot can be done with just a shovel and lopping shears.

1-2 acre food plot is nice, but I like to break them into smaller 1/2 to 1/3 acre spots and hunt travel routes in and out.

Stripped maple is a main staple of adirondack deer.  In typical non logged areas, deer love mature beech trees for their nuts.  Especially for early season.   Where deer density is low, the first to harvest a good buck wins.....   I'm in a leased camp where a dozen guys compete for 3 or 4 nice bucks.....

See if you can get the logger trade a bit.  Stump removal, trucking in lime.

Edited by sailinghudson25