Eating tag soup

JRod 8G8H

Having tag soup this week... Anyone else???

Filled my gun buck and got about 80# of meat from him. Still have my DMPs and bow/late muzzle buck. With no muzzleloader I will give it a go this weekend with my crossbow in the snow. I must be getting soft in my old age of 30 as I passed on a very large mom with a yearling yesterday at 10 yards. Comments below lol

Having tag soup this week... Anyone else???
Filled my gun buck and got about 80# of meat from him. Still have my DMPs and bow/late muzzle buck. With no muzzleloader I will give it a go this weekend with my crossbow in the snow. I must be getting soft in my old age of 30 as I passed on a very large mom with a yearling yesterday at 10 yards. Comments below lol
Does this count as tag soup? I thought tag soup was when you didn't kill any deer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

If you have the opportunity to fill a tag with a legal deer and don’t then it’s not tag soup. You made a choice not to fill your tag or tags. I’m not saying it’s bad just saying it’s not tag soup.

I would agree with larry

Passed 15 bucks and 34 doe and took one buck in bow. According to the log i keep. Thats between Pa and Ny. Thats not counting the 2 bucks i tried to kill that either couldnt shoot or  couldnt get close enough. I buy the tags to get in the woods. I dont really need much meat .not that needy anymore. I kill one for myself. If anyone else asks for meat i tell them to go get there own. Lol

if your having venison with your "tag soup'. then its a chowder. yeah tag soup is no venison in the freezer. stop trying to be something your not.  so every season you dont fill all your tags its tag soup time. I would have to disagree.besides why would you eat tag soup if you have meat. Strange.