GREAT NEWS!!!!

7 hours ago, Core said:

As long as NY has NYC, it will keep going dem for governor, IMO. Don't get your hopes up. The ants packing the hill of NYC love their dems.

Well, we have had republican governors here in NYS. Yes, it's a rare occurrence, and most of those Republican governors were more liberal that most Democrats....lol. But it is possible to elect a Republican governor in NYS. What we need is to get out the upstate vote. Will it happen? ...... I certainly hope so. Brian Kolb is a great guy!

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, Doc said:

Well, we have had republican governors here in NYS. Yes, it's a rare occurrence, and most of those Republican governors were more liberal that most Democrats....lol. But it is possible to elect a Republican governor in NYS. What we need is to get out the upstate vote. Will it happen? ...... I certainly hope so. Brian Kolb is a great guy!

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, philoshop said:

I completely agree, Doc. It's all about getting people to the voting booths. NYS is overwhelmingly red by area, as is CA. And the entire country, for that matter. Convincing people that their votes actually do and can count is difficult though.

^^^^this is what needs to be done. the dems put all there effort into the city. I don't know this guy but if he wants to win he needs to get everyone out there to vote. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, Doc said:

What we need is to get out the upstate vote. Will it happen?

Gun owners are the overwhelming majority in the state. During the last election they didn't turn out. I would hope that people have had enough of Cuomo's crap and turn out to vote. We are overdue for a "upstate" Governor and one can only hope it happens.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it’s funny that you guys think it’s a upstate vs downstate thing lol.... there are just as many welfare bums upstate as there are downstate. In fact most of you upstate fools have no business voting republican it’s actually a joke on our party as a whole most republican voters are poor white trash who republican politics actually hurt lol..... they just get suckered into voting republican because of the religious rhetoric..... it’s not a upstate down state thing is all I’m saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

I think it’s funny that you guys think it’s a upstate vs downstate thing lol.... there are just as many welfare bums upstate as there are downstate. In fact most of you upstate fools have no business voting republican it’s actually a joke on our party as a whole most republican voters are poor white trash who republican politics actually hurt lol..... they just get suckered into voting republican because of the religious rhetoric..... it’s not a upstate down state thing is all I’m saying

What leftist media outlet gave you that particular talking point?

If it was intended as sarcasm you might want to identify it as such.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, chefhunter86 said:

Where are you getting your demographics from? I'm not saying whether you are right or wrong, it's just that when someone makes these kinds of statements and is passing them off as fact, I kind of like to see a few credible sources for the so-called "facts".

On 12/28/2017 at 5:58 PM, chefhunter86 said:

I'm guessing that I am also a welfare bum in your idea/mind.I currently collect workers comp at no fault of my own I would rather be working and busting my ass for my money.Yes many use the system I'm not that Guy,upstate downstate does it make a differance not at all

I'm guessing that I am also a welfare bum in your idea/mind.I currently collect workers comp at no fault of my own I would rather be working and busting my ass for my money.Yes many use the system I'm not that Guy,upstate downstate does it make a differance not at all

No you are not a welfare bum, you worked paid taxes and your employer paid Workers comp taxes. You are good by me. I have a problem with the rats that keep popping out kids to collect more money

You’re what the system was designed for, you worked hard and paid into it, and it’s there when you need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In many ways it's not an Upstate/Downstate thing. It's an urban (dependent) vs less urban (independent) thing. Those in the cities vote for Liberal idealism, and those who live outside the cities vote for Conservative reality. The biggest urban center happens to be NYC.

When you're a farmer working 16 hours a day and see the continuous election of people like Cuomo, Schumer, Gillibrand and others it becomes demoralizing and it's very hard to take the time out of your day to vote when you're demoralized. I think the Trump presidency will change much of that, and that we'll see a resurgence of this disaffected population in the coming months and years. Folks are beginning to understand that we CAN win if we try.