31 pt beast taken in Columbia County

Jdubs

36 minutes ago, brownclown said:

wow? not to diminish a ridiculously awesome buck but what do you all think of that weight? 265 dressed is HUGE. but im not an expert and not very familiar with weights other then reading that any buck in the 200 is a huge buck for ny.

Always casts a shadow of a doubt when you have kills like this pop up months later with no real word about them ahead of time. A beast for sure and very white antlers for an older beast.

• Like 1

Who ever told that guy we had big deer in NY wasn't lying to him,they grow like that in western NY too.I saw one once like that once in Erie county way to many points to count he looked like a walking root ball. Like I said, saw it. I would have to remember guess but he was about 15 to twenty yards. He appeared behind me from the red brush over my left shoulder. Ten steps later he stopped behind  the biggest oak tree in the world, big thick knarly branches all the way to the ground. All I saw nose and rear end, As he stood there and contemplated life for what seemed an eternity, my arm was getting tired, i drew back waiting for  him to step out from behind the tree. It never happened. The next step he took was directly to his left and he walked away. A couple more steps and I would have given him a heart stopper.Its nice to see some proof of what we have in NY. that dude got it done.

There's no doubt we can grow some giants in the empire state. We have the ability with the ag and cover. What I think is the issue is why "we" don't see them.... Well, nevermind !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We don't see them cause we don't have high enough fences !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Belo said:

the sad thing about this is it's almost always a lie and fenced deer. But sometimes it's not, but because of these liars any legal free range deer will always be questioned. 

Yup, I wonder if the hunter pictured portrayed it as a wild deer to the media or he told them it was a high fence. I can't stand the A$$ hats that go and send their pictures to the newspaper that lie about the deer they shoot. Just last year I think there was a guy that supposedly shot a deer in NY up by Watertown that was supposed to be some state record and he lied about it and had to face legal action because he broke some law. 

Here it is.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/news/wayne-long-kills-giant-ny-buck-accused-of-defrauding-record-books/

May be fake story behind this deer but still a huge old deer.Not much different than watching these hunting shows/Look at the old timer Stan Potts/Bill Jordan And Will Premo and many others.Ok not a wild deer but still a nice HAT RACK