31 pt beast taken in Columbia County

Jdubs

21 minutes ago, Dom said:

May be fake story behind this deer but still a huge old deer.Not much different than watching these hunting shows/Look at the old timer Stan Potts/Bill Jordan And Will Premo and many others.Ok not a wild deer but still a nice HAT RACK

Huge? Yes. Old? Probably not. Ive seen 2 year olds that big on deer farms.

24 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Huge? Yes. Old? Probably not. Ive seen 2 year olds that big on deer farms.

Some of you all have more knowledge but by the picture that was posted look's old to myself.If indeed this was a wild deer for this area it would be Huge/So far the largest/biggest/most points has been a 16 point taken nearby and that was 14 years ago that I know of

14 hours ago, Dom said:

Some of you all have more knowledge but by the picture that was posted look's old to myself.If indeed this was a wild deer for this area it would be Huge/So far the largest/biggest/most points has been a 16 point taken nearby and that was 14 years ago that I know of

Im not sure what about the deer makes it look "old" from that one picture. If it was a free range deer, with the rack, one would assume its at least 5 years old, probably more. Just do a simple google search on ranch deer and you will see that they develop large racks like that at young ages.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:31 PM, Dom said:

May be fake story behind this deer but still a huge old deer.Not much different than watching these hunting shows/Look at the old timer Stan Potts/Bill Jordan And Will Premo and many others.Ok not a wild deer but still a nice HAT RACK

A $6000 dollar  hat rack lmao.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:14 PM, Hock3y24 said:

Hahaha and he took it with a crossbow not a bow. Man this guy is a joke. Not because he used a crossbow but because he claimed a "bow" kill of a once in a lifetime wild deer. 

• Sad 1

No the lie should be the ultimate focus. If he tried to publicly pass off a preserve deer as a public land deer he shoukd be shamed to the heavens especially if he tagged it as a public deer then he should have the book thrown at him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 12/15/2017 at 9:34 AM, TreeGuy said:

Just going off the original photo, and head size, I'd assume it's 3.5. I have seen local deer (farm) that were 150-60 at 2.5

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

that ranch is selling a 3.5 year old 300" plus deer, 300 lbs for $7500

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bkln said:

When was the last time you seen 20+ pointer in the wild? Nineteen Ninety Never? Yeah I thought so... let alone 31pt... Too sad people would do anything to be in the news...

I think the one shot in TN last year by Nomad's nephew's friend was 37pt.  It can happen in the wild.  Just didn't on this one.

1 hour ago, bkln said:

When was the last time you seen 20+ pointer in the wild? Nineteen Ninety Never? Yeah I thought so... let alone 31pt... Too sad people would do anything to be in the news...

the Delmar buck, despite poached, was a free range deer taken out this way in '81 it had more than 20 scoreable points and grossed over 200".  around here nobody takes a big deer and spills everything about it, if you have a good hunting area a lot of work goes into growing deer into older age classes.  this area isn't known for big deer so any big deer gets lots of attention without allowing the info to get out. we start to get road hunters, trespassing, and all kinds of drama with people that "Need" to hunt there.