Just what I thought!

Four Season Whitetail's

Nothing wrong with legally shooting the deer in a preserve, if that's the way he chooses to shoot his deer. ( Wouldn't be my choice )  But lying about it, truly shows his character.  Was it worth the "fame," for putting his hands on a big set of antlers?  I don't think so. One's integrity is worth much more. than a set of deer antlers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Sounds like he was set up.  He didn't report it as public land.  Some other friend or family member did claiming to be him.  Feel bad for him.  Doesn't sound like he is the liar but will be remembered as that guy.  

LOL....Or had to quick throw the blame on someone after the word got out?

How high do I have to build fences on my property. They jump right over rock walls and ignore the neighbors no trespassing signs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't forget to add the deer crossing signs so they know where to go.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So goes the  infatuation with big whitetails antlers...

An aquauintance of mine ( now deceased)  was so obsessed with big whitetails that he traveled interstate to buy big racks and then  had them mounted ( often buying capes from local taxis)  and claimed that he had shot them all himself....There is something a little sick about that....

The sad part of it was that he was a very skilled deer hunter  and had taken some nice deer himself, but they only comprised perhaps 6  of the 40  +  big heads that he had mounted and claimed he had killed...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

So goes the  infatuation with big whitetails antlers...

An aquauintance of mine ( now deceased)  was so obsessed with big whitetails that he traveled interstate to buy big racks and then  had them mounted ( often buying capes from local taxis)  and claimed that he had shot them all himself....There is something a little sick about that....

The sad part of it was that he was a very skilled deer hunter  and had taken some nice deer himself, but they only comprised perhaps 6  of the 40  +  big heads that he had mounted and claimed he had killed...

Must have been some awkward conversations with those who knew the truth.   So really Jack, which one did you shoot?   Lol

• Haha 1

I never breached the subject with him...He was big as a house and  prone to violence.....he was the kind of guy who would kill you in a heartbeat  if you pissed him off. as long as he thought he could get away with it...He was also a local deputy policeman....

Before one starts running one's mouth, one must consider WHO  one is dealing with....Hehehehe...

I never would have considered posting this if the said person was still alive and I will NEVER identify him,..

I'd just as soon die  of natural causes.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I never breached the subject with him...He was big as a house and  prone to violence.....he was the kind of guy who would kill you in a heartbeat  if you pissed him off. as long as he thought he could get away with it...He was also a local deputy policeman....

Hmm seems to fit the profile of a lot of the  LEOs in the news these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Before one starts running one's mouth, one must consider WHO  one is dealing with....Hehehehe...

I never would have considered posting this if the said person was still alive and I will NEVER identify him,..

I am guessing it's the large violent local deputy with 40 big whitetail mounts who passed on.   Not sure you did a good job of preserving his identity Pygmy.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Heck, I  know who you're talking about now! You know, his brother is even bigger, meaner, and notably crazier! Do you still live in the same location?.....hehehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The real problem is someone that hunt a preserve dies and mounts are sold off by grandkids at the garage  sale.. with I guess gramps shot it 30x years ago.. it will end up in the books at some point.. thus the record books will forever be tainted if they are not already.. there is no micro chip in the rack or grown in captivity mark on them.. eventually when 1st person witnesses are remove we will be reading bout the find of a life time some guy bought at a garage sale..

The real problem is someone that hunt a preserve dies and mounts are sold off by grandkids at the garage  sale.. with I guess gramps shot it 30x years ago.. it will end up in the books at some point.. thus the record books will forever be tainted if they are not already.. there is no micro chip in the rack or grown in captivity mark on them.. eventually when 1st person witnesses are remove we will be reading bout the find of a life time some guy bought at a garage sale..

There are many preserve bucks in the books now. Truth of the matter is if you look at most of the states that top the books are also the state that holds the most deer farms. It's a fact that many guys in those states have let great farm doe fawns out of their pens into the wild when numbers get high. The Amish are still known to do this a lot in many states even today. Ohio is on record for buying farm deer way back when when the states numbers were slim to none and released into the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, grampy said:

Heck, I  know who you're talking about now! You know, his brother is even bigger, meaner, and notably crazier! Do you still live in the same location?.....hehehe.

Yeah, he had a big mean crazy brother, but I think he is also dead now or so elderly that that he would no longer be a threat...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I never breached the subject with him...He was big as a house and  prone to violence.....he was the kind of guy who would kill you in a heartbeat  if you pissed him off. as long as he thought he could get away with it

I don't know why but what first came to mind was Leroy.......