Recurve crossbows

SteveB

Sorry Steve. I'd pay for the string and do the review.  I don't have a recurve crossbow though. I think the max draw weight regs for NY strangle the heck out of the idea of using a recurve crossbow. maybe that's contributing to nobody posting. also many were probably out dropping deer and turning into late night butchers as it was last weekend of regular season for southern zone.

Hi DB - you are probably right. Let me know what crossbow you are shooting and I will see if I have the specs or I can tell you what I need to make a set. Most compound crossbows are dual cam and pretty straight forward. Looking for evaluation and pics for the web pages I am adding so no charge.

Thanks

Edited by SteveB

Hi DB - you are probably right. Let me know what crossbow you are shooting and I will see if I have the specs or I can tell you what I need to make a set. Most compound crossbows are dual cam and pretty straight forward. Looking for evaluation and pics for the web pages I am adding so no charge.
Thanks

Steve. Can you do them for cam crossbows? I picked up a killer instinct furious 370. The serving on the stock string sucks. The serving is separating and I only put about 2 dozen bolts though it. It pinches and spreads the serving where the cocking rope hooks bind

Yes I can. You want just a string or the cables too? I will work on getting the specs. You can also send me the string and I can reserve it so you would have a backup. I use Majesty .036 center serving - pretty much the toughest available.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

SteveB it's not that I just don't have a recurve crossbow. I don't have any crossbow.  Honestly, my next bow purchase might even be a hybrid long bow. i'll let you know if I acquire a crossbow, in the near future. it just doesn't seem likely.

Been doing Trad strings for a long time and do some compound as well. Hardest part of doing the compound ones is getting accurate specs for the serving lengths and loop sizes. Belong to a great group of builders that readily share info so most are doable.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2017 at 9:39 AM, SteveB said:

How many here use a recurve style crossbow like the Excalibur?

Made a few strings for them with my silencing system on the endless. Looking for a couple testers - preferably those who shoot enough to do a decent evaluation.uK6t5lI.jpg

If they're half as good as the strings you sold me for my recurve they gotta be great... you do nice work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Steve’s stings are top notch. The one he made for my recurve is wonderful. I’m going to have to figure out how to take mine off and I’ll send them to you Steve to match them up

I got the specs needed. Just need you to pick colors. Going with Force 10 - BCY's most popular xbow materiel. I have black, royal blue, silver and mountain berry now.