Sanity check on tag rules

Al Bundy

I am planning to go out into the arctic weather this weekend and want to make sure I am all legal. This weekend I am assuming is legal for xbow.  I shot my xbow/muzzleloader deer during xbow season so that tag is gone. BUT did not use my regular season tag nor did I use any of the doe tags I have. I can use my xbow this weekend to take a buck and tag it with my regular season tag, correct?? I also can drop a doe and use my doe tag for this all using my xbow? I think I am all legal  but want to make certain...   Good luck to those going out.

I just checked with the NYS DEC site. This is a cut & paste from their " frequently asked questions" section:

Q: May I use my Regular Season deer tag during the special seasons? A: Your Regular Season deer tag cannot be used in the Early Bowhunting* or Early Muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the Regular Deer Seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. Except, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only (WMUs 4J and 8C), and during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges. During the late seasons, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex.

* Your previous year's unused regular season deer carcass tag, accompanied by your previous year's bow privilege, can be used from September 27-30 during the Northern Zone Bowhunting Deer Season and is valid for deer of either sex during this period