Thanksgiving should be after the deer season

goosifer

I am feeling a lot more thankful now than I did a few weeks ago. Although, I struck out in crossbow and shotgun seasons, two of my hunting buddies each gave me a deer. During muzzleloader, I finally connected on two deer. (I actually gave one to a hunting buddy.) Funny how connecting on a deer can put you in a good mood. Peace, and happy holidays to all.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Well I never have traveled on Christmas, but I would like it prior to hunting season .

I seem to end up buying hunting stuff just prior to the season , then not having much on my list .

I find that I'll lose, break or misplace hunting items, over the almost three month season.  Or see or hear of something that would be useful for hunting, while I'm hunting. So Christmas, is just right for me! Gives me time to drop hints, while things are still fresh in my mind.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goosifer said:

I am feeling a lot more thankful now than I did a few weeks ago. Although, I struck out in crossbow and shotgun seasons, two of my hunting buddies each gave me a deer. During muzzleloader, I finally connected on two deer. (I actually gave one to a hunting buddy.) Funny how connecting on a deer can put you in a good mood. Peace, and happy holidays to all.

My first screw up this season had my literally questioning if I should keep hunting. But three deer later I was no longer questioning. I find hunting a roller coaster, frankly.