Hunters arrested in Columbia county

mowin

45 minutes ago, vizslas said:

these guys are going to get fines . are they going to be enough , nope.  and as far as paying by the inch , thats not really fair to the guy who poaches a doe to eat. Jail aint shit, all they would get would be local lockup and only for a month or two, if even.

I do think they should lose the truck and the guns. taking away their license would be a waste of time. they will hunt anyway, so at least get the revenue for the license.

More officers are needed, its the only way to stop it. i personally haven't seen a DEC officer in over twenty years.

now lets get on with arguing like little girls about who can and cant get it done. and whats the reason they dont or do.lil bitches thinking they know so much about somebody else . Grow up seasame street is down the road.

So an officer makes say 40k plus benefits to start minus overtime. So now we are looking at least 70k . Who pays for that? Currently if 1 officer is responsible for 200 miles radius and we want to reduce that to say 50 miles that would be 4 times the eco's we have now.  I currently pay almost 100 dollars a year and would not be willing to pay 4 times that. The higher expense of a license would increase the amount of poaching imo.

I am not justifying what they did. I just think you gotta look at bigger picture and what it would really cost to prosecute a person for poaching. Not much. I personally find poachers, trespassers, ect. to be great bullsh** artist when confronted in the woods. They are more scared by an individual who is not strong armed by paperwork and not sure who you are. Big paul said it correct, when the community sticks together the poachers will find somewhere else to go cause conflict with the community is worse than it is with the law

17 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

So an officer makes say 40k plus benefits to start minus overtime. So now we are looking at least 70k . Who pays for that? Currently if 1 officer is responsible for 200 miles radius and we want to reduce that to say 50 miles that would be 4 times the eco's we have now.  I currently pay almost 100 dollars a year and would not be willing to pay 4 times that. The higher expense of a license would increase the amount of poaching imo.

Is a 40+ grand a year salary that far off the charts? Somehow doesn’t seem like enough.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:02 PM, vizslas said:

would you pay $200 for your license. i bet most people would.

No way.  The NYSRPA posted a number (I don't have it handy) of the millions of dollars that NYS earns from sportsmen and license fees.  It's in the tens of millions.  And yet, those NYC liberal cretians treat us like a bunch of stupid rednecks, shoving the un-SAFE Act down our throats.  I don't know how any sportsmen could trust Cuomo to act in our best interests.

Turn the fines collected from poachers into a substantial revenue source and you'll see the bloodsuckers in NYC ramp up enforcement in a NY minute.

3 hours ago, Jdubs said:

No way.  The NYSRPA posted a number (I don't have it handy) of the millions of dollars that NYS earns from sportsmen and license fees.  It's in the tens of millions.  And yet, those NYC liberal cretians treat us like a bunch of stupid rednecks, shoving the un-SAFE Act down our throats.  I don't know how any sportsmen could trust Cuomo to act in our best interests.

Turn the fines collected from poachers into a substantial revenue source and you'll see the bloodsuckers in NYC ramp up enforcement in a NY minute.

Lets not forget the fact that we cant get enough CO's to do the job they need to do............One cop for a 200 mile run means very few people ever get caught without them getting a tip.

• Like 1