Bushnell gone bad

3 days into NZ ML my 3 year old Bushnell Silver 3x9 High Contrast decided to go white/fogged. Very displeased to put it lightly. So I took the scope off and picked a knot out on a tree and off hand at 25 yrds hit the knot just a hair low....called it good. The rest of the week was not wasted. Welp,I got home after staying at the cabin for the week and sent the scope, with lifetime warranty back to Bushnell repair with the supplied paperwork from the website. About 3 weeks later I received a new Silver Bushnell Trophy as a replacement. Not happy that I did not receive the same type of scope back, this scope is longer and will not look right on my ML. I do appreciate the gesture from Bushnell, but  yuck. So I am probably going to take it to the gun shop and trade it for another High contrast and take a considerable loss. I really like the shorter High Contrast scope, I will give it another go.

• Like 1

I had placed too much oil on my guns one year after a heavy rain week in the ADK, next time I took the gun out the scope was defective.  Still have the scope and gun, I was happy it was fixed by Bushnell.  If you put your guns in a closed case make sure you don't have excessive oil on it or this can happen.  I still oil the guns good but no longer case them up after.  I also use some old socks to keep the case relatively dry by wrapping the guns in the old socks when I go shooting or hunting.