Letchworth park bear

Nomad

Wake up.

Wake up my ass. Read the arrival. He got his info about bear hunting being a thing by a freakin park cop? Yeah that's real professional. I believe it's you that is clueless about the whole story. Which figures. Someone piping in on something they are clueless about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok no problem. Read your own post they speak for themselves. Also read over a year of my posts I not once have disagreed or ever falsely talked about something at all. Your post are hypocritical and judgemental without knowledge simple as that. No more internet arguing for me but please read your own words.

Ok no problem. Read your own post they speak for themselves. Also read over a year of my posts I not once have disagreed or ever falsely talked about something at all. Your post are hypocritical and judgemental without knowledge simple as that. No more internet arguing for me but please read your own words.

I really don't care about your past. Your post was pointing fingers and everything I posted I backed up with pictures or pure facts. That my friend is something you have none of. The park did their best to hide this from the general public plain and simple. All the way from their website to the permits they issued. After 18 years straight hunting that park I think I know a thing or two about how they do things down there. We will see how year 19 plays out.

I would really like to break this statement down but I said I won't argue.
Good luck on year 19. Should find out who this hunter is and he could help you out next year with any new information on the park.

No need. I know all I need to know about the park. Now maybe next year they may want the public to know about any new seasons that have never happened in the park. Squirrel, Yote. Who knows but my speciality is pulling big brown things off the park. Not Black.

No matter the debate on the parks hunting information, there is no question the lucky hunter shot a totally legal and beautiful bear! Some folks were mentioning how the picture looked.."funny" . having been the photographer and subject of quite a few bear pics, it is very common to sit just a bit further back to make the bear look bigger....In this case, not really needed. As small as the head is in proportion to the body, it is easy to see that bear has mass, and is one great trophy. It appears to me it went to the right hunter...someone smart enough to know the current regulations, and hardworking enough to make it happen and take best care of the trophy. Good for him.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Daveboone said:

Some folks were mentioning how the picture looked.."funny" . having been the photographer and subject of quite a few bear pics, it is very common to sit just a bit further back to make the bear look bigger....In this case, not really needed.

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I mentioned that what looked odd to me was that the bear was in an odd position, propped up by the hunter.  His left arm looks relaxed too.  A 300-400lb bear would seem to be a pretty difficult thing to be propped like that by one arm and still have a smiling hunter. :)

And yes, myself and most people here are aware of sitting back from a critter (or holding a fish with extended arms) makes them look bigger.

Edited by Lawdwaz

No matter the debate on the parks hunting information, there is no question the lucky hunter shot a totally legal and beautiful bear! Some folks were mentioning how the picture looked.."funny" . having been the photographer and subject of quite a few bear pics, it is very common to sit just a bit further back to make the bear look bigger....In this case, not really needed. As small as the head is in proportion to the body, it is easy to see that bear has mass, and is one great trophy. It appears to me it went to the right hunter...someone smart enough to know the current regulations, and hardworking enough to make it happen and take best care of the trophy. Good for him.

And if you read the post you will see that others were "Smart" enough to call the administration building(You know, Where the hunting permits and info is supposed to come from) and were told there was- Not a bear season and I don't see anything on the permit about it- But then again when you read the story you will see that the hunter had--Park Police Info--Guess all the public should be so lucky. And once again. The problem is not with the hunter or the kill. It's about lack of transparency of the park and/or knowledge of their employees.

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

And if you read the post you will see that others were "Smart" enough to call the administration building(You know, Where the hunting permits and info is supposed to come from) and were told there was- Not a bear season and I don't see anything on the permit about it- But then again when you read the story you will see that the hunter had--Park Police Info--Guess all the public should be so lucky. And once again. The problem is not with the hunter or the kill. It's about lack of transparency of the park and/or knowledge of their employees.

I'd be pretty pissed if I passed a easy shot on a bear in the Park this year because I thought the season was closed on them.

In my opinion, the Park Administration has some explaining to do and somebody should loose their job if its proven they covered up or hid the fact that you could shoot a bear.

• Like 2

I'd be pretty pissed if I passed a easy shot on a bear in the Park this year because I thought the season was closed on them.
In my opinion, the Park Administration has some explaining to do and somebody should loose their job if its proven they covered up or hid the fact that you could shoot a bear.

Well they really didn't. They just left out the words-deer only- on the muzzy/bow permit.after keeping the words on the shotgun permit when most hunters would be there with a weapon to kill a bear. Well after almost 20 years of hunting there knowing that deer are the only game that can be taken in the fall I and 99.9% of all other hunters would not even guess that there would be a bear season. There are not many on the park to begin with. They just sure didn't go to any work to get the word out to hunters. Just if you had a cop friend I guess?

44 minutes ago, ncountry said:

It is a cloudy system.. we asked the park police this year if bear was legal to take on park this year and were told yes.. He never mentioned that it wasn't open during shotgun. 

True That......But our permits said (No Other Game-Deer Only)  Cloudy is a good word for it. lol

Wouldn't knowing the current regulations mean you don't know everything? That was my point last night. Take the state and park out of it, wouldn't calling the local Dec officer each year before hunting solve this? I haven't seen anyone argue the state or park is organized or right in the way the permits were handled. 

The statement of I know all I need to know while arguing the park needs to do better of letting you know what' going on is priceless. Almost as good as saying nobody is attacking the hunter even though that is exactly what you did on the fifth post of this thread before you knew what happened. Should I quote it again? 

Edited by corydd7
Error

Ive never hunted West of the Utica area and I heard or read someplace bear was open at the park. I believe it was in one of the New York hunting newspapers   It’s at camp so I can’t say which on it was.

Congrats to the hunter who harvested a beauty.....

Edited by Salmon_Run
Added

Wouldn't not knowing the current regulations mean you don't know everything? That was my point last night. Take the state and park out of it, wouldn't calling the local Dec officer each year before hunting solve this? I haven't seen anyone argue the state or park is organized or right in the way the permits were handled. 
The statement of I know all I need to know while arguing the park needs to do better of letting you know what' going on is priceless. Almost as good as saying nobody is attacking the hunter even though that is exactly what you did on the fifth post of this thread before you knew what happened. Should I quote it again? 

This shows how much you think you know. The park makes their own rules if there is a bear season or not. They don't call the dec and ask if they can have a season. If they want a season they have it. If not they don't. Good try though. As far as any antler restrictions I can promise ya I knew all about them dropping them and was the first one to write in to try and keep them in the park. Try Again! You dumb people read how many people sat the same thing in this thread that I did. Duh!!!!

I think the problem lies in the fact that the info changes depending upon the source. I have had conflicting answers from office, park police, and the local DEC officer plain didn't know.  Sometimes the answer is different. They dont seem to get the answers  straight until everybody starts questioning them. Then they finally get their stuff together and give a unified answer. I feel that some of the changes are as simple as someone accidently leaving wording out. Once it's out its the rule...lol.. and they don't even realize it until the questions start coming. Who knows. Right or wrong. I usualy ask the park police, they are the ones enforcing the rules. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't not knowing the current regulations mean you don't know everything? That was my point last night. Take the state and park out of it, wouldn't calling the local Dec officer each year before hunting solve this? I haven't seen anyone argue the state or park is organized or right in the way the permits were handled. 

Yeah please do quote my post where I said---Word has it that it was killed with a rifle---- Did that say my word said it? No! You a freakin clueless on what even goes on in that park so keep making yourself look like the fool. Everything points to shady shit being done by park officials. Period!

I have always found that when calling someone dumb it’s best to make sure you spell all the words in the sentence right. 

Yeah that would be about your best comeback when you are once again involved in a conversation you are clueless about! Perfect fit for you! Did I spell all that out right for ya?

On 12/21/2017 at 10:38 PM, Four Season Whitetails said:

No this was not on the up and up like most permits.  This guy had his hands in someones pockets. There was no notice to any public about bear hunting in the park. Anywhere.    Word has it that he shot it with a high powered rifle in a shotgun only park.

Something real fishy here.

Fool, dumb, geez no need to attack sir. Please find my original post I didn't talk about the park at all. I spoke to people attacking the hunter without knowledge of what happened.

No need to get upset when somebody points out your words. Make it about me all you want, my point is you shouldn't have made the comments about the HUNTER. Funny part is you don't address at all the hypocrisy of your own words. This isn't about me. But hey if you feel you come across well with your statement so be it. It doesn't make you a fool or dumb. I would be childish to take it to that level.

Fool, dumb, geez no need to attack sir. Please find my original post I didn't talk about the park at all. I spoke to people attacking the hunter without knowledge of what happened.
No need to get upset when somebody points out your words. Make it about me all you want, my point is you shouldn't have made the comments about the HUNTER. Funny part is you don't address at all the hypocrisy of your own words. This isn't about me. But hey if you feel you come across well with your statement so be it. It doesn't make you a fool or dumb. I would be childish to take it to that level.

You took it to that level with your pointing of fingers when you had no clue. Nobody bad mouthed that hunter. I made the statement that I a statement was made by a local down there that it was shot with a rifle. You did not see me write out that I thought he killed it will a rifle. In case you don't know, when a sentence starts out with.....Word Has It... that means it came from another source. As shady as this whole deal is who knows what's on the up and up. And again I could care less about the hunter or the bear as we could have takin them for years but the park made this whole thing as..Cloudy.. as they could do less hunters would know about it. It's pretty bad that the park cops have the info that the front office that gives out the permits do not. Yeah Shady at best!

Ok it's raining outside and this is why I hate being stuck indoors but I will take one last stab at making a very simple point.

Please quote my first post on the subject because I purposely made a broad statement so I didn't single you out. You keep saying that it's weird.

Instead of insulting me or saying you have facts, you should have just focused on a simple statement that I made (nothing to do with the park or permits)......people should not jump to conclusions as you did by saying he had his hand in pockets. How would you feel if you were the hunter that killed the bear? My guess is you would be defensive but you don't seem like that type of person at all.

Second you said the hunter must have had his hand in someone's pockets. You keep missing that part.

Third and might be the easiest point to make. You can't say you know everything about the park then complain you didn't know the regulation. 

YOU DID ATTACK THE HUNTERS INTEGRITY BY SAYING HE PAID SOMEONE OFF