New Bow for Next Season

Five Seasons

52 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Niagara outdoors like Jeremy said but be prepared to pay Jeff’s a great guy with the best customer service but that comes with a price 

He is on the high side but ive been burned by some other shops in the area so the savings didn't really get me anywhere. It's also nice to walk in with his sticker on your bow ,it's like getting the VIP treatment .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

He is on the high side but ive been burned by some other shops in the area so the savings didn't really get me anywhere. It's also nice to walk in with his sticker on your bow ,it's like getting the VIP treatment .

I’ve got my last two from Jeff and he works with my daughter in the summer. It’s funny cause she all of a sudden needs all the extras lol 

18 minutes ago, sodfather said:

That is a nice rig.. Now almost all-bow companys are switching to the split limbs. 

Prime switched over this year on their new flagship to split limbs also ,they spaced the cams apart further too. I really want to shoot one. 

Edited by Jeremy K

Then why change? You aren't going to gain much from "upgrading".  Then again, you could get an awful lot of used bow for a little money.  Not knocking new equipment, but I don't replace gear that I'm perfectly comfortable with.

Need a new rest and string. And looking for a little smoother draw. Kinda like when your truck needs new brakes and tires and you know a new one will have some nicer features.

Plus Trump should be putting some more money in my wallet haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Who has Prime bows in our area Jeremy?

How about Obsession if you know??

I'm not buying a new one.........I don't think.

I believe Lorettos Archery in North Collins still sells Obession Bows(he also has a heated indoor 50 yard 3d range)......that may be the route I am headed this spring.....but Elite is always a front runner.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Belo

shoot the elites at traditions.   Not a fan of the owner but they have them in stock.  Obsession has all the good things like elite (crazy smooth and solid back wall) with better speed and grip in my opinion.  Only owned one Matthews (helium) and the valley was not great.  

Or you can frustrate yourself with a single string?   It’s a fun roller coaster.   Lol

23 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

It seems weird that gun guys have a safe full of guns but archery guys usually have one bow that they keep for a while . I currently have 3 bows ,2 if TF decides he wants to join the dark side. 

Don’t feel bad, I bought/ordered 3 new bows since season ended.  I shoot em daily so I figure it’s not a horrible vice.  

For some reason bows are different than owning a bunch of guns in my opinion. I’d like to add a long ata bow to my room but the fear is I will fall in Love an want to shoot it during hunting season then leaves my current bow laying off to the side. With guns I have 1 for every animal some cases 2 

4 minutes ago, sodfather said:

For some reason bows are different than owning a bunch of guns in my opinion. I’d like to add a long ata bow to my room but the fear is I will fall in Love an want to shoot it during hunting season then leaves my current bow laying off to the side. With guns I have 1 for every animal some cases 2 

It’s the trad bows that get me.  I only own one compound and rarely shoot it.  

39 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I was shooting 2 different bows last year for league and for hunting . I decided to use the same bow to do both and noticed an improvement in my shooting. I thought i would be able to use multiple bows  but it takes more time then i have available to pull it off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Moog do you feel they are more of a collectible weapon than a compound?

I don’t plan on making money on them but they will hold value better than a compound for sure. Even 10yr old black widows are still going for $500-600.  Buying used really limits any losses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

I believe Lorettos Archery in North Collins still sells Obession Bows(he also has a heated indoor 50 yard 3d range)......that may be the route I am headed this spring.....but Elite is always a front runner.

Yes, I Googled Obsession dealers and got that information after I asked earlier.  The owner made a string for my Bowtech Guardian a number of years ago and was pleasant to deal with, just a long ways for me to travel.

Belo,

how's your other items in hunting doing?  A lack of an ATV if needed.   Rifle and muzzleloader good.  No complaints in the clothing dept, or good pair of binos.  Got a decent treestand collection.    A extra treestand in the right place can produce better results than replacing a perfectly good used bow.  Maybe buying a good rototiller or a high quality weedwacker might be an improvement......

I upgraded from a 1994 hoyt to a hoyt turbohawk in 2011 or so.  My old bow shot better......

IF anything on new bows, I think their cam profiles in the 75%+ let-off have improved.   I like easier to hold drawn for a longer period of time more, than more velocity.......

Yes, I Googled Obsession dealers and got that information after I asked earlier.  The owner made a string for my Bowtech Guardian a number of years ago and was pleasant to deal with, just a long ways for me to travel.
He is a string maker....he has made them for my wife's crossbow and I have one of his on my Switchback xt.

May be worth the drive.....real nice indoor range at his new place, believe he has elite, obsession and pse.

He took first place in the Senior open division at World's this summer with a PSE Evo 35....that's another nice shooting bow.