Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters

eagle rider

I can't find an Easton arrow I like anymore.  The Nemesis was my go to arrow for three seasons.  They stopped making them.  The Bloodline was a close second but not as durable as the Nemesis.  Years ago I shot CE's.  Never really had a problem with them, I just fell in love with the Nemesis.  Anyway, now that I am inside my last dozen Nemesis, I figured I'd make an effort at looking for something that will replace them eventually.  Anyone have an opinion on the CE Mayhem Hunters?  Reviews look good so far.  I bought a dozen 350's last night, out of the box they look great with Blazer vanes and Bulldog nocks.  I have not shot them yet.  Any first hand experience would be great.  Thanks and Merry (almost) Christmas.  

I shoot them and have never had a problem.  I am not the greatest archer by far, but 35 yds and in I can make a kill shot on my 3d targets all day long.  I have also used similar CE "flavors"  can't remember the name of them offhand, ( not the maximas) and did not have the need to re-sight the bow from flavor to flavor.  Personally, I like them because they work well and they do not break the bank.

I killed two deer last season, 8pt buck at 20 yds, double lunger and a nice doe at 37 yds, both broadside shots.  The doe was supposed to be a double lung shot as I aimed but it wound up being a  perfect heart shot instead. (Ill take it!)

My PSE Stinger is set at 50lbs. Whisker biscuit rest, 30 inch draw.  I use the Cabell's brand 100gr fixed broadheads..ST3 .

I am going to get a good drop away rest and start cutting about 1/2 inch off the shafts.  Trying to get better!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 9:06 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

They are very heavy, I lost so much speed that I stopped shooting them. However with weight comes toughness and quiet so it all depends on what you're looking for.

The weight per inch is less than the Nemesis I use to shoot.  The total arrow built weight for the CE Mayhems is 431, the Easton was 436.