Deer know

KMurph332

Yes, 3 deer about 20 yards off the corner of the house just watching us.

My guess is that some hunter dropped the game syllabus out of his pocket and the word has already spread. Now all we need to figure out is where they are getting the calendar from.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yes, 3 deer about 20 yards off the corner of the house just watching us.

My guess is that some hunter dropped the game syllabus out of his pocket and the word has already spread. Now all we need to figure out is where they are getting the calendar from.

cuomo send them out.HO HO HO . Im not being merry I am just refering to Cuomo. Ha Ha Ha

We had a lot of standing corn going into 2nd week of firearm season on the western side of the state. Time will tell if this had an influence in deer harvest numbers. I know a lot of antlerless permits were still available at the time muzzleloader season started in our area. Hunter pressure back way off at muzzle start and were were seeing this then. Nice to pass these bucks so they have a chance to mature more. 

On 12/25/2017 at 12:25 PM, Doc said:

Interesting that the buck in the top picture (op) is bedded down right out in the middle of a wide open field. They usually pick a more secluded spot.

Where the buck was it is surrounded by thick cover I think he was catching some rays

Its funny, I haven't seen ANYTHING since the end of southern rifle season. .. its pretty odd, because I almost always see them in the fields around me during muzzleloader, but nothing.

Same here. That's because there are no/few deer in many areas the DEC would like you to think are many. The management in this state is weak at the very best. Guessing on population numbers along with hunting seasons lasting 3 months has all but ruined hunting in many parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk