Late season

The_Real_TCIII

winchester sxp 3.5"  with the xtra full choke been shooting 3 inch fiocchi #2's, I have been buying a case a season down home for 9.00 a box

I have 2 back up 835's with kicks high flyer exra fulls, and 2 500's with full chokes as spares also.

after my surgery I used the grandkids semi 20 with a full choke with 3" #2 only used it for a week then back to the 12 and just beared the pain. 

I Strongly suggest Carlson's waterfowl tubes. Keeps patterns tight and consistent with steel at extended ranges. My old gun has a pattern master which is also a good choke but too expensive for me. 

Edit... With that said I've shot lots of birds with modified chokes lol. 

Edited by BigVal

2 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

That might work against you though. I think once you go past full with steel it makes your patterns worse

not always true, each choke, load and barrel can be different.    I have a couple 835's set up with kicks high flyer xfull chokes that throw a tremendous pattern, but all of my shotguns for waterfowl and turkey get special barrel work done to them and are patterned to a specific choke tube.

3 minutes ago, reeltime said:

not always true, each choke, load and barrel can be different.    I have a couple 835's set up with kicks high flyer xfull chokes that throw a tremendous pattern, but all of my shotguns for waterfowl and turkey get special barrel work done to them and are patterned to a specific choke tube.

Arent the 835's over bored?