Primos Proof 2-1?

I bought 2 of these "for my son" ;) as stocking stuffers. They were $39.99 each at Dick's in Watertown. (after a $30 mail in rebate)

Does anyone have any experience with these? I have zero experience with trail cams but these seem to have the features we need to pattern deer movement on our 74 acres..

Any tips would be appreciated.

Edited by wildcat junkie

I bought a couple of those cams last year and they don't last very long. Well I can only speak for 1 that seemed to get frozen in the winter the other got stolen. It just stopped taking pictures batteries brand new just malfunctioned. After reading reviews it was a common problem. But if you get 6 months out of them you should get some decent pics. 

I have run one for the last two season.....usually put it out in April - beginning of June for turkey, then put it back out middle of August -December for deer season.

Bought one last Xmas for my buddy as well and it worked great.

So when they were a door buster item a few weeks ago at Cabela's(24.99)I grabbed another 2 to gain some insight at a new property for turkey season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

The biggest problem with them is QC. It's a coin toss as to whether you got a good one, and more so than the typical lemon rate for cams.

If you get a good one, they tend to perform well for a cheap cam. Common problems beyond QC include bad battery springs and battery fit, SD cards tend to be finicky in them, and they do tend to be a little too sensitive with a trigger during warm months. Whiteout does happen on close up night images.

That said, if you get one that works well, it'll likely do so for a few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I already did a preliminary test in the house before we wrapped them. All seems to be OK for now.

Given some of the feedback I think we'll wait for warmer weather and set them for a 3-shot burst and 3 minute delay between bursts to limit the number of pictures take. Perhaps that will extend the life.